Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Chance of Loving You



Chance of Loving You packs a punch as an anthology by three bestselling romance authors: Terri Blackstock, Candace Calvert, and Susan May Warren.

For Love of Money by Terri Blackstock- I liked how this one starts with Julie and Blake meeting in a restaurant when Julie is waiting on Blake after he's had a terrible day. Instead of a tip he leaves her half of a lottery ticket and a promise to take her to New York if they win. Well, they do and that's when the story took a little dive for me. Julie and Blake both behave in a manner that I felt was uncharacteristic to the way they'd been portrayed at the start. I had a hard time getting past this but overall it was a cute story.

The Recipe by Candace Calvert-Amiee and Lucas are the center of this story and this one was a close second in being my favorite. I loved how the author weaves Lucas's grandparents and their love story into this one. Amiee is working as a dietary assistant and after an unfortunate incident with a decorative olive that resembles a bug she finds herself at the mercy of a nurse in order to avoid being written up. The nurse coerces Amiee into helping feed some of her patients in the evening and this is where she meets Lucas and his grandmother. It was his grandmother who was the recipient of Amiee's decorative olive and Lucas gives Amiee a bit of a hard time about it to begin with. Their playful banter and mounting attraction seemed quite real even in the short period of time the story takes place. As Amiee prepares for the last day of competition in the Vegan Valentine Bake Off she revisits her mom's recipe box and discovers the recipe for life.

Hook, Line, & Sinker by Susan May Warren-My favorite of the three and the one that I found to be most plausible is this story. In a novella it's hard to give the characters history and yet the author did a wonderful job of weaving Abby and Ross's past into the story to give them more depth and make what transpires between them more believable. I liked the fishing angle that this story was written from because it was something I could relate to. Abby's stubborn nature also drew me in because I could see myself doing some of the same things she did. The painful past that Abby and Ross share brings itself to the present and it's time to resolve it once and for all.

I received this book free of charge from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!