Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Perfect Cup...Of Coffee or Tea

Do you ever run across something and immediately recognize the genius behind it? That's how I felt when I saw this beautiful Tea Bag Pocket Mug. It solves the problem of what to do with my tea bag after I've already curled up on the couch with a mug of hot tea only to realize my tea bag is still sitting in my mug. Sometimes I get too impatient and don't let it steep for long enough and now if I do that I can just pop the tea bag back in for a couple more minutes.

IMG_1761

IMG_1762
Don't you love the two different colors that the artist chose?!

I love the fact that this is hand made like almost half of the products that Uncommon Goods sells. This has become my go-to mug when I want to settle down with a cup of hot tea and I could easily see myself using this on a daily basis. I believe it makes a wonderful present for the tea lover in your life and it retails for $34. If you'd like to check this or some of their other products out you can do so here. Uncommon Goods offers studio tours where you can see the artists and designers at work. I'd love to see how this mug is made!


IMG_1767


The other item that I received from Uncommon Goods to review is the Coffee Cold Brew Gift Set which retails for $36. I've only used this once but it's in my refrigerator brewing some iced coffee for tomorrow morning.


IMG_1763

There is a bit of a learning curve with this one since you have to figure out how strong you want to make it. The good news is that if you make it too strong you can always water it down and you're good. The coffee I made this morning was a little weak (even for me) but I was pretty cautious on how much I put in the coffee sock so I'm sure it was operator error. I probably need to go online and watch the instructional video!

The kit included a couple of nice bonuses: two bags of coffee and a cuppow which converts the jar into a travel mug that you can drink out of. The jar would never fit in my cup holder but this would be nice to make and take to work so you have iced coffee for the week. It's large enough that you really could use it for the entire week IF you can keep yourself from wanting to drink a few cups at a time! You can get more information on the Coffee Cold Brew Gift Set and look at other related products here.


IMG_1764

IMG_1766


Overall I am enjoying both the Tea Bag Pocket Mug and the Coffee Cold Brew Gift Set and I anticipate using both quite frequently in the future. A big thank you to Uncommon Goods for sending me both of these products to review! If you aren't already impressed with Uncommon Goods then this might send you over the top. They started a program called Better to Give and since its inception twelve years ago they've donated to charities across the world. They donate $1 from every purchase to the non-profit of your choice. I think that's pretty remarkable and it says a lot about their company.

What do you rely on for your perfect cup of coffee or tea?

I received both products free of charge from Uncommon Goods in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. The tea bag mug is genius! I've been drinking tea morning and night for the past 2 weeks and yes, I need a spot for the tea infuser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so dull- it's just coffee from the keurig....but i do want to start using a french press and get out of the instant stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!