Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Inn at Ocean's Edge by Colleen Coble

The first book of Colleen Coble's newest series (Sunset Cove) is finally out! Claire Dellamare's past quite literally comes back to haunt her when she meets her father at Hotel Tourmaline for a business meeting. Bits and pieces of her childhood memories start to resurface and she works to uncover the truth about the last time her family was at the hotel on the island of Folly Shoals, Maine, for her fourth birthday party in 1989. She disappeared for a year only to turn up at the hotel with a note pinned to her dress. With her family's deep pockets it's hard to believe that her parents wouldn't have turned over every rock trying to find out where she had been kept for that year but yet they don't.

Nothing is what it appears on the surface in Coble's latest work. Perhaps the only person whose honesty Claire can count on is Luke Rocco who is determined to find the link between Claire's missing year and his own mother's disappearance at the same time all the while fighting his mounting attraction to Claire. The more glimpses of the past Claire receives the more twists and turns seem to appear. I honestly thought I'd figured out how this one would end and as usual the author surprised me with a revelation that I never saw coming. You'd think as many of her novels as I've read that I'd eventually figure one of these out before the end!

Overall I enjoyed the novel and became easily immersed in the mystery and intrigue. I can't wait to see whose story appears in the second novel in the series. There are a couple of people who I'd love to know more about. Hope you enjoy The Inn at Ocean's Edge as much as I did!



http://www.booklookbloggers.com/art/_240_360_Book.1563.cover.jpg


I received a copy of this book free of charge from BookLook Bloggers in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!