Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What I've Read Wednesday #4

Well thanks to being stuck at home with sleet and then Allan getting stuck in Texas all weekend I had a bit more time on my hands for reading this last week, cleaning the house, and finally going through a crate of magazines I hadn't read. I finished One Wish by Robyn Carr and read Hot Mess by Lynn Raye Harris and both were good. One Wish felt like it ended a bit more abruptly than most of her books but I'm sure parts of the story will be continued in the next book in her Thunder Point series. Hot Mess was a novella so it was a bit shorter than Hot Pursuit. However, it still packed quite a punch with enough romantic suspense that I read the entire thing in one sitting!

WIRW
Tomorrow I have to start The Scarlet Letter because we are discussing that next week in book club. It's not one that I read in high school but I at least know the premise of the story so I won't be entirely lost. For this book club we are reading mostly classics this year. In January we tackled The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (which I didn't finish but plan to!) and in February we read Little Women.

IMG_1615

Assuming that it doesn't take me several days to read The Scarlet Letter I plan to read A Heart's Disguise by Colleen Coble. As some of you probably already know she is one of my favorite authors. This is the first novella in her new Journey of the Heart series and I'll be reviewing all of these (one per month for the next six months) so keep an eye out for that.

IMG_1614

In the off chance that I either abandon reading The Scarlet Letter or finish both of these I may start one of the new books that I added to my TBR book rack in our den. I'll try to remember to take a picture of that for next week's post!


Have you read The Scarlet Letter?
What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

  1. The Scarlet Letter is sad and hard to take at points, but I also think it's wonderfully written and a must-read. I don't know if " enjoy " is the right word, but I think you'll find it very worth reading. Book club sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "Touching the Wire" which was about the Holocaust. I recently found out I was half Jewish I came out of foster care) so it resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!