Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Musings #4

Whew, what a week we had last week. In 72 hours Allan flew from Charleston to Charlotte to Phoenix to Houston to El Paso and then back from El Paso to Dallas to Huntsville. As many of you probably saw on Instagram or Facebook Allan lost one of his childhood best friends and it's been tough saying goodbye. It's hard putting into words how much it hurts losing a loved one especially at the young age of 30 when you feel like you have so many more years together. It makes me appreciate the long weekends we take to see family and friends and the sleep I sometimes lose staying up to talk or text with one of them. You can't get that time back and time is the most precious gift we can give the ones we love.

MM

On a happier note or maybe just a more positive note work has been going really well for me and this has been my busiest month in a looong time. Some nights it's all I can do to come home, eat, and crawl into bed and this week there's going to be a lot of those since I'm volunteering extra hours at the hospital for a special fundraising event we are hosting this week and my work calendar is pretty full as it is.

In the pet world things have been interesting. Rusty (the cat) captured his first snake today and I killed it. I'm almost certain that's the first snake I've killed and usually my response results in me running and screaming in the opposite direction instead of running toward the snake armed with a stick as a weapon. Thankfully it was a tiny one but I was worried that it might hurt Rusty or Sasha or Lucky since I wasn't sure what kind it was until I ran over to it. It was "only a garden snake" according to Allan but in my world the only good snake is a dead snake so I'm happy it's gone. Sasha and Lucky have both been spending a lot more time outside enjoying the cool mornings and nice spring days but with the cool temperatures we had over the weekend they were quick to cuddle in front of our last fire of the season.


Anyone else terrified of snakes?

1 comment:

  1. "the only good snake is a dead snake" -- YUP!!! I've been missing Huntsville, and this just made me laugh out loud! I'm glad it was "only a garden snake" but I'm also glad it's d-e-a-d!!!

    On a serious note -- I am very sorry to hear about Allan's childhood friend. 30 is entirely too young to leave this world, but our Heavenly Father needed him! My prayers are with you guys, always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!