Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Musings #2

So I skipped Food for Thought last Friday because we had snow here and frankly I was being a small child and playing outside in it. That's a whole blog post in and of itself though! Stay tuned for our snow day!

MM
For today I wanted to talk about something that I posted to Instagram yesterday. I saw this in Cracker Barrel last week (Hey, you never know when you're going to see something that speaks to you!) and I couldn't get it off my mind. I've been really bothered lately by people who seem to choose to embrace everything negative in their life. They turn to social media to complain about things in their life that others would see as a blessing. It's hard not to be frustrated and I don't feel that it's my place to remind them of all they have to be grateful for. I struggle with praying for them and then letting it go.

happy
Probably should have bought this...

I believe we can choose each and every day whether or not we want to be happy. Some days are harder than others to do that and I'm not saying this isn't something that I struggle with but it is a choice each and every one of us can make. I truly believe if you focus on the positive and look for the lesson in the negative then being happy is a whole lot easier!

Do you choose to be happy?
I'd love to hear what you think about the idea of making up your mind to be happy!

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with this post! One of my "mantras" (if you will) for this year is "The power of positivity" There is so much to be said for embracing even the smallest blessings and focusing on what is good in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, mindset has a lot to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cringe every time I see people ranting about something on facebook because the truth is, there is always someone who has it worse off. Generally speaking I'm a very positive person. However, I can be super negative, too. This last year has been a major struggle so this year I'm making it a conscious effort to THRIVE. To find the positive in everything & truly GROW in those tribulations of LIFE because it will never be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cringe every time I see people ranting about something on facebook because the truth is, there is always someone who has it worse off. Generally speaking I'm a very positive person. However, I can be super negative, too. This last year has been a major struggle so this year I'm making it a conscious effort to THRIVE. To find the positive in everything & truly GROW in those tribulations of LIFE because it will never be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!