Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What I've Read Wednesday #2

I finished Christmas at Sea Pines Cottage on Friday when we had our most recent snow day. I thoroughly enjoyed it especially since it spans the entire lifetime of the dog, Meteor.  It's a shorter book so that makes it a pretty fast read. It's most certainly a Christmas book but as cold as it's been lately I enjoyed it just as much curled up in front of a warm fire in February.

WIRW

Between, Georgia is still on the TBR (To Be Read) pile but I did read Robyn Carr's latest book The Homecoming since the next one in the series is coming out in March. Robyn Carr is one of my favorite authors and I'm amazed at how well she weaves together so many people's stories and introduces a new character whose story eventually appears in a later novel. I've read her entire Virgin River series and this one is from her Thunder Point series. You can read any of her novels as a stand-alone novel but I recommend starting at the beginning of the series. Virgin River is the first book in the Virgin River series and The Wanderer is the first in the Thunder Point series.


IMG_1340
One of my favorite authors!

I started one of Robyn's stand-alone novels (The House on Olive Street) and I like it so far but I'm only one chapter in. I plan to finish that one and read Debra Clopton's new book (Betting on Hope) by the end of the weekend since it looks like we are going to get snowed in this afternoon. A projection of 4-6 inches of snow means all the schools and most businesses are closed. It's great living in the south in the winter!


IMG_1341

What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of Unbroken, LOVE it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Sue Grafton's latest out of the library and have almost finished it... W is For Wasted. Pretty good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!