Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Food for Thought Friday #1

A month ago I started using my Weight Watchers (WW)  app to track my food daily and my weight weekly. I hop on the scale throughout the week and keep track of that as well so if the scale isn't particular kind on weigh-in (WI) day then I won't be disappointed. So far I've lost 7.2 lbs and I'm really happy with that. Weight Watchers and I go way back to my first semester of graduate school in 2006 when I signed up for WW online and lost 35 lbs.


FFTF

I kept it off for the next 3 years and it wasn't until we moved here that my weight started the up and down mess that drives me crazy. The thing is that I know WW works and if I track my food and embrace the lifestyle of everything in moderation I can still eat all the things I love and lose weight. It works for me because I don't have to give up my Coca Cola, chocolate, or ice cream to lose weight and I've always viewed WW as a lifestyle and NOT a diet. I don't do low fat, fat free, or sugar free anything (even though those are less points) because I know at the end of the day the artificial mess isn't good for me. Yes, I realize that Coca Cola, chocolate, and ice cream don't exactly scream healthy food but we all have our vices. I have been drinking a lot more water and eating more fruits and vegetables and overall I feel a lot better. Losing weight has been a nice bonus!

Next week I'll talk about my WW goals. Have you ever used WW?

5 comments:

  1. Great progress Suzanne! I've ever done WW but I know many you've been quite successful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried WW, but I have been watching my portion sizes and making good choices since December, and I've lost 10.5 pounds. It feels so good to be back on track. I'm glad you are back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! i used weight watchers YEARS ago when I first moved to ATL. it worked at the time, but i've just kinda figured out what works for me and what doesn't and have learned i can't eat some things i used to love, but that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used WW several times and like you said, it always works when I work the program! I'm actually using it now too, I've lost the baby weight and am 8 pounds from my goal! Great job so far and look forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed by the success you've had with WW!! I definitely support "lifestyle" opposed to "diet". I'm glad you consciously stay away from the low fat, fat free, or sugar free because yuuuup, they're much worse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!