Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hands Free Hipster Jogging Leash Review


leash 1
Pros:

  • Comfortable waistband
  • Ideal for small dogs
  • Ability to attach two leashes
  • Includes two zippered pouches and a mesh pouch

leash 4  
Cons:
  • Leash material needs to be stronger
  • D-rings appear unable to sustain pulling from large dogs
  • Pocket for the phone is too small for my phone in its case
  • Handle for grabbing the leash is for tiny hands and could use padding to keep it from cutting into your hand
  • Water bottle holder will only hold small bottles (example: 8 oz. mini water bottle)  

leash 2  
Overall Thoughts:

The Hands Free Hipster Jogging Leash is a great product in theory but unfortunately not in practice for us to use with Sasha and/or Lucky. Sasha and Lucky are too heavy for it and a slight pull sent the waistband moving. In our short walk it was impossible to keep the leash in place. It slid up and down despite my attempts to tighten it around my waist. However it was comfortable and didn't cut into me like one might think a product like this would. My greatest concern was in the ability of the leash and the ring it's attached to to hold our dogs. Lucky pulled to get closer to our fence and I saw the leash strain and it felt like the ring might pop off with a few strong pulls by either Lucky or Sasha. I wouldn't trust it for a long run. Other aspects that make this unsuitable for long runs are the small water bottle holder and the phone pocket. If I can't put my phone or water bottle in the belt then I am left to carry both or use my water bottle that has a phone holder.


leash 3

Ideally I'd like to see a product geared towards larger dogs and one whose design more closely resembles fuel belts that I use for running. They can hold a larger water bottle as well as a phone, snacks, or poop bags (since we are talking about running with dogs!) If I'm going to run with the dogs I'll have to stick to using my fuel belt and holding their leash in my hand. This leash would be a great fit for small dogs and their owners since most people with small dogs don't typically do long runs with their dogs. I believe you could easily walk one or two small dogs easily with this leash and have space in the belt for treats, baggies, etc.

Thank you to the makers of the Hands Free Hipster Jogging Leash for providing me with this product to review free of charge in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I run with a waist leash for marcy that works for us, but she is about 20 pounds smaller than your pups. I hadn't realized there would be a variety of options, I bought the.only one carried by my local petstore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!