Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Meet Rusty Cat!!!

On August 16 we became a family of 5 with the addition of Rusty Cat to our family. Growing up on a farm means I've had cats my entire life. They've always been outside cats and that's our plan with this little guy. So far Rusty is in love with the backyard and all the trees. We've been crate training him like a dog (yes, you read that correctly!) and he's learning to go outside and come back inside like the dogs. Surprisingly Lucky and Rusty get along the best of all even though Sasha tries desperately to get the kitty to love her. I'll be the first to admit that I was a little worried when we got Rusty that Lucky wouldn't like him and that could lead to very bad things if you get my drift. Thankfully they are both respectful of each others space and seem to be good friends most of the time. Lucky is still adjusting to Rusty's erratic, catlike behavior that sends him flying across the yard chasing bugs and leaves.



IMG_9676 - Copy


IMG_9659



IMG_9850


IMG_9901


IMG_9692

Rusty's birthday is April 21 which is kinda neat because that's the day we got engaged in 2008 and it's the day after Allan's birthday. In case you're curious Lucky's not the only one that's become fast friends with Rusty Cat. Allan likes him and dare I say might even love him a little bit. They're quite the pair playing Destiny on the PS4 with Allan holding the controller and Rusty leaning over the controller watching what Allan's doing. We also lucked out with a cat that loves riding in the car like a dog. By some miracle we survived a 3-hour car ride with Allan driving, me riding shotgun holding Rusty, and Sasha and Lucky riding in the back. Road trips won't be lacking for entertainment anytime soon!


IMG_9906


IMG_0063


rl


IMG_0115






IMG_0114


So there you have it. We are officially cat owners!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, all of the photos! So cute! I love him. I love that he gets along with your dogs, I wish our cats and Bernie got along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you!! Glad all is well and congrats on the latest addition. glad everyone is getting along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new addition to your happy family. So great that you are all getting along so well.... love the pictures. Give all those fur babies a big hug from me. I am so glad to see some new pics! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute!!! Reminds me a bit of Jack when he was young. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm allergic to cats but they are so cute! Adorable pictures on blogs are perfect. Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new addition! He looks right at home in his little forest too. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! How did I miss Rusty the Cat- he's so cute!! I love the upside down sleeping position (Upside Down Supercat).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!