Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Sasha and Lucky's Summer

If you're curious about what Sasha and Lucky have been up to this summer then this post is just for you! Sasha got a "big girl haircut" as we like to call it at our house and she is loving the shorter hair. Allan always cuts her hair himself so we spent a couple of hours in the garage with her using our homemade grooming table (the ramps we use for oil changes, concrete blocks, and plywood) and got the job done.




IMG_9413
I swear she makes a sad face EVERY time I try to take her picture!
Not to say that it wasn't a mess and she wasn't a complete diva. It took an entire box of treats to survive her "spa day".

IMG_9300
Go figure that she looks pretty happy in this one
Lucky doesn't get hair cuts so he felt a little left out since Sasha got her hair cut and her toenails cut. I was able to make up for that by cutting his toenails and brushing him. He looooves being brushed but he doesn't like to stand still for it so I'm sure I looked like an idiot walking beside him in the backyard brushing him and talking to him!

IMG_9392
Allan's backpack is a perfect pillow apparently
Both dogs have been a little extra clingy this summer since Allan's been going to work earlier and has had softball games in the evenings at least 1 or 2 nights a week. I've spent a couple of weeks with the 11-year old boy I nanny for occasionally so the dogs had to spend the day in their "nite nite room" AKA the laundry room. It must be tough spending the day sleeping in an air conditioned room with a big bowl of fresh water. Needless to say it made both of them want to be right next to us as soon as we would get home.

IMG_9175
On this particular day they were on the front porch with me waiting for Allan to get home from work
We've also been working with both of them off-leash. They both mind really well when they are on the leash and if we are running with them off-leash they also do great but I wanted them to be able to spend more time on the front porch and in the front yard with us. Sasha goes out with me to check the mail every day and Lucky goes to get the newspaper in the morning all by himself. He seems to know what days the paper is delivered and he's always so excited to run out and get it and then take it to Allan. Of course there are still days where he gets the paper and then tromps across the street and proceeds to pee on everyone's mailbox but we are getting there!

Hope you and your pets have had a great summer!

7 comments:

  1. They're so cute! Zelda never looks happy in her photos either! Oh and Jack would like to know when you're coming back to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!! Bernie always looks away when I try to take his picture haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aweee they are so cute!! Hair cut looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this update! And you KNEW I would. Give big hugs to the kids for me and tell them I think they are both so beautiful! I am glad you and Allan and the puppers are having such a good Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I wish I could teach Riley to go and grab the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!