Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Saying Goodbye to My Brother


IMG_9422

Two months ago yesterday my brother passed away and as time passes the pain will lessen but he will remain in my thoughts and my heart forever . Memories of those I've lost resurface in the most unlikely places and I'm not ashamed to admit that when they do I have a good cry and thank God they were a part of my life.

I posted the above last night on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It's taken me awhile to figure out if and how to talk about losing my brother and even now I'm not sure my thoughts will be very coherent. I felt like it was time to put it out there and to continue the healing process. His passing brought with it a myriad of emotions and some of those I'm still sorting through. I have a lot of regret and while my head knows there's nothing I can do to change things now, my heart still breaks for what might have been.

If I have learned anything from this it is to tell the people you love that you love them. Don't put things off to another day because that day may never come. Don't feel pressured to move on or to speed up the grieving process. Every loss is different and you know better than anyone how long it takes your heart to mend. I have also been reminded to trust the Lord to hold you up and see you through the rough days.

25 comments:

  1. Sending you strength, hope, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. Those are beautiful words and your brother's memory will be a blessing to you forever. Prayers for peace and strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your brother. Sending you a big hug and lots of thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you prayers and hugs. I'm so sorry Suz.

    I imagine he was young, and it's so hard to lose those we love no matter what their age. Take time to heal. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Suz. It's so hard to lose someone we love. I learned long ago that life is short and to always tell those you love. Sending you a big hug, positive thoughts and prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hugs to you my friend. So very sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you, girl. Keeping you close in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. Grief is so individualized, I pray God's grace and peace be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad way too young and still grieve. Hold on to the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry again, Suzanne! I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suz! I am so incredibly sorry to hear this!!! I'm praying for you...that God would comfort your heart and that each day will be a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1st of all; I'm very sorry to read about your loss and the feelings of regret. Reminds me to keep the faith and work towards a better relationship with my brother.

    My father passed 3 months ago. I honestly thought that my pain wouldn't be as "deep" losing my father as it was when my mom died but you're right; every loss is different and it still aches and the emptiness is there and you have to keep telling yourself that "everything is going to be fine. not gone forever. just for now"

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been on my mind daily. sending you some positive vibes in case you need an extra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Sending you a big virtual hug and lots of positive vibes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Suz, I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Suz, words just aren't enough at a time like this. I am so very sorry and my warmest wishes go to you and your family during this terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know I am thinking of you a lot right now and sending warm and healing thoughts and wishes your way. Big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. xoxo Beautiful. I am absolutely thinking of you right now and sending some loving hugs from Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sorry. I cannot even imagine. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  23. i had been wondering if you were okay, just assumed busy and didn't want to pry. I'm SO sorry for your, Suzanne. I cannot imagine what you are going through. I will continue to pray for you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry for your loss!!! Sometimes life just doesnt make sense!! In our humanness we want them with us!!! Prayers for strength and peace!!! Hugs and prayers to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so very, very sorry to hear this. I will say a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!