Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Paint the Streets 5K

Every year Allan and I always say the same thing when this race is over. It's a flat course and we never train to PR but we should because it's fast and flat. Unfortunately it's also in late July in Alabama so it's hot, REALLY hot. I'm pretty sure my face looks like I'm about to have a heat stroke when I cross the finish line. Despite the heat it's a great race and it's very well organized. Allan has run this race every year that they have had it and I have been there for every race except the first one. It's one that we look forward to each summer. Maybe one year we will get lucky and have unseasonably cool temperatures for this race!

IMG_7081
Another race with my favorite running partner!
 
Allan edged me out at the finish with a time of 34:20 and I finished in 34:24. Again, not our best race but always a lot of fun to run this one!

14 comments:

  1. Hot races are not my favorite, i am such a cold weather gal, love that picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to admit- after this winter- I desperately need warmer weather to run in! I am tired of being cold LOL and flat- I could only wish to know what flat is (East TN= not flat LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so weird reading about a hot race when we've been absolutely freezing all winter. Ha! The heat will be back soon enough, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hometown race in July I love doing with my family, but it can get pretty hot & sticky -- even in Minnesota! I'm sure down south summer races get really brutal. It's neat that you keep going back for the tradition in spite of the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so cold and snowy here, I'd love to experience some hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually don't mind the cold or the snow, but what we've been getting is too much for me.

    On that note, it was nice reading about a hot race in mid July- I may read it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love to run in the heat. But I bet your heat is much more humid and muggy than my heat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the picture just loaded for me...You are so cute. Love it when you share pics... big hugs and pats to Lucky and Sasha today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just don't love 5ks....even more so in the heat!! Are you going to do azalea trail again??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute picture!!! And I wish Ward would run races with me. Maybe if I trip him to slow him down he'll run with me. :) I'm not really liking hot weather races either. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picture, you guys look great! Congrats on your race finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, the heat gets to me too! You should go for a PR though this year if it is cooler out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate hot weather running. That picture is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!