Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's Been Going On

A lot seems to have been happening around here and yet again blogging has fallen to the wayside to make room for everything else. I know people make a big deal about not apologizing for being behind on blog reading or posting but in real life I would apologize for not calling someone back or not returning a text or email as quickly as I should have. I feel the same about blogging. I genuinely feel bad for being behind because I really enjoy catching up with all of you. Anyway, enough about that.

I'll get into it more later but the gym is working out great. We've been really consistent and I already feel like I'm getting stronger. Each workout I try to challenge myself to lift more than I did last time and it's a wonderful feeling to look back through my workout notebook and see the progress I've made in just two short weeks.

I don't know about you guys but the weather here has been yukky. The heat and humidity finally decided to show up and I skipped a race this past weekend because of it. Anytime you can walk outside at 6 AM and the air is so thick you can hardly breathe it's time to scratch your run for the day if you're planning on being outside. It just hasn't been hot and humid this summer so I didn't feel prepared to run a 10K and 5K back to back in that weather. Call me a wuss but that's a recipe for me to get a migraine and feel like crap the rest of the weekend.

We are going down to Auburn this weekend!!!! I am so excited that I can barely contain it. We leave on Thursday to spend a long weekend with our closest friends from college. Football, a house at the lake, and great friends will make for a fun weekend.

Sorry for no pictures but I'm heading out the door in 5 minutes so this is as good as it gets today. Sending lots of virtual hugs and high fives to all of my blogger friends today. You guys really don't know how much you mean to me!

25 comments:

  1. Sorry about the migraines. I have no experience with them but have a coworker who suffers and it is quite terrible. I hope you have a really fun Auburn trip! Hugs to Sasha and Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humidity has been brutal up here this summer as well. I've had plenty of lousy runs because of it. Are you following a weight lifting plan? I need to get better about strengthening my core and upper body.

    Enjoy Auburn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how bad it was down there- it's been terrible enough in Indiana! My last 3 runs were accompanied by the slap-slap-slap of clothes hitting the back of my thighs. I probably would have skipped them if I didn't have another full fast approaching.
    Have fun this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! The weather is super humid here too, I mean it's awful! I wish that it would start to cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so not a fan of migraines!! It has been like a rain forest around here and I feel like if someone were to stick a pin in my head it would pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you! I agree: no apologies needed for not blogging. Enjoy your trip to Auburn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way about blogging -- as well as the community! And girl, I am genuinely upset that I won't be at the lake house with you all. I know that may sound silly, but regardless of my families situation, I really miss you all & getting everyone together like that is just priceless. Have fun & send me photos etc. <3's & hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life just gets busy sometimes, no need to apologize! I have missed you though :) Great job with the workouts. I am so ready for some nice fall weather this heat is so not my style! Luckily we don't have as much of the humidity here, just HOTness
    Have fun in Auburn~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an awesome weekend! College football & friends is SO fun. Take care in the midst of your busyness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all get busy and have to regroup! The heat and humidity seems to be everywhere! I can barely stand it! I don't blame you for skipping out on the race. Great job with your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that you are doing well!

    I hear ya on the heat/humidity/migraines thing. (Been fighting one off for the last 2 days)

    Have a wonderful/safe trip this weekend :) We will be there as well. War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have so much fun!! I'm glad that the gym is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're going to have a great time!

    I'm looking forward to catching up =)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've missed you! But I totally understand how life can just get too busy and that's the most important thing! I can't run in this humidity either. I've been doing a lot of treadmill running lately! Have a great time in Auburn. Sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have missed your posts but i can't say that i've been any better about it! everytime i sit down to post i either get bored or think people will get super bored reading this! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too have been lacking in the blogging. I have lots to say, just no time to say it. I have missed your blogs and I hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate to what you say about blogging. I especially feel bad when I don't have the time to read and comment on other blogs, which I would love to do more of. Thanks for your update and I hope the weather turns around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've been dealing with the same gross weather and it's awful. The chafing...ugh. Have a great time in Auburn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha! I haven't posted since November! Things happen, life gets busy! Our weather has been super warm for us (oregon) and hardly any rain. Not that I'm complaining....it will be here soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ha! I haven't posted since November! Things happen, life gets busy! Our weather has been super warm for us (oregon) and hardly any rain. Not that I'm complaining....it will be here soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel the same way about blogging - I love keeping up with everyone! Hope you've been doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree about wanting to apologize for not blogging!:) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm right there with you. Since I've started marathon training, my blogging (posting and reading) has really fallen to the wayside. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't feel bad! I just had a blog lapse of several months due to my move. It happens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!