Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, May 13, 2013

What's Beautiful

I'm part of a sponsored campaign for the What's Beautiful program through FitFluential and I'd love for you to join my team! My team is Summer Speed and as the title implies we will be focusing on improving our speed at any distance and hopefully setting some new PR's in the process. You can join the team here or if you just want to sign up to participate in What's Beautiful you can do that here.

http://uawomen.s3.amazonaws.com/wb3team/UA_WB3_Post.jpg

In case you have some questions about What's Beautiful here's a little snippet from the site that sums it up perfectly:

"Together we're redefining the female athlete by setting epic goals and pushing past where we've ever been and where we thought we could go. Join us. Set your own personal goal. Then document your journey by posting videos and photos that tell your story from start to victory.
We'll continuously post challenges for you. But that's just the beginning. Show us your journey. Show us what makes your story the one that stands out from the rest. If you meet your goal, set a new one. Make it even bigger. Prove to everyone, and yourself, that you have more than what it takes." 

The best part: Under Armour is going to be picking women each week who are standing out in the this challenge and awarding them with Under Armour swag bags. Oh wait, it gets better! At the end ten finalists will be chosen and of those ten finalists three winners will be selected to go to Costa Rica to a 4-day yoga and surf retreat. That sounds pretty amazing to me!   

I have challenged myself to run a sub-25 5K, a sub-2:20 half marathon, and to focus on strength training this summer. These are lofty goals for me and ones I WILL reach during the next 8 weeks!
Are you participating in What's Beautiful?
What are your goals?

16 comments:

  1. I love this program! GOIng to find you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this program and your goals! You can totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining your team! Sounds like a great goal to have. One of my bucketlist goals is to run a sub 25 5k ! But I signed up with the goal of completing a half at 2:05.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great team! might just have to join up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eventual 5K goal is sub 25 too.

    Currently my goals are a 4:30 marathon, to complete my first sprint tri, and to lose those last dozen pounds (hope that makes running easier on my legs).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being part of the sponsored campaign! I really gotta take some time to read more about it because everyone's talking and it sounds pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome goals, girl! Can't wait for you to crush 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your goals are great! Can't wait to see you make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen lots of people participating but I haven't taken the plunge just yet :)

    I nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blog award today on my blog :) Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, just requested an invite to your team:) I love this campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals! I love seeing all the different goals people are going after!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suz! It's great to switch up the goals! Too bad you're not on our team with Nancy (Limitless)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i didn't really think I could put any decent goals down so i didn't apply/not participating...is that lame? i'm just not sure what my goal is. don't go crazy in PT and be happy with 20 minutes on the elliptical when it's approved? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea:) I requested an invite to your team!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am focusing on my trail running and cycling this summer. However, I do have a downhill half marathon in August and I wouldn't mind running that fast. I will throw in some speed work between trail runs. I WILL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!