Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Kona Kase Review

If you are like me then you've heard about Kona Kase from at least one if not two or more bloggers in the past few months. It really seemed like something I'd be interested in because after looking at the past seven months of boxes I saw several things I would like to try either before, during, or after a run or workout. Kona Kase provides you with a box each month that contains several different nutritional products that you can put to good use as part of your training regimen. Now on to the goodies!

IMG_6383
Love the Johan Wolfgang von Goethe quote in the Kona Kase!

  • Zing Chocolate Coconut-light coconut taste and not too sweet
  • Zing Cashew Cranberry Orange-little bit of a nutty taste with a citrus kick
  • Justin's Honey PB-it wasn't bad but I don't really eat PB, people who actually eat PB might love it
  • Journey Savory Nutrition Bar Sea Salt-not my favorite, tasted a little weird to me
  • Kind Plus Bar-one of my favorites in the box, I'll be buying these for us to eat!
  • Soyjoy Blueberry-much better than I expected, tasted like a blueberry muffin in a bar
  • Rickland Orchards Greek Yogurt Bar Toasted Coconut-yum yum, reminds me of a piƱa colada
  • Trachealth Simple Super Seeds Chia + Coconut-we put this on a bed of spinach leaves and topped it with Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard dressing and it was delicious!
  • Sun Cups Milk Chocolate Caramel Cups-creamy and not terribly rich and sweet, someone (hint: Allan) devoured them after I took a bite to taste it
  • Barbara Llewellyn Brown Sugar and Rosemary Cashews-an interesting flavor but I loved it! I'll be keeping an eye out for these at the store too.

IMG_6399
My favorite item in the Kona Kase!

My only disappointment was that there was nothing in the box I would use during a run or workout. Other than that the Kona Kase is something that may find its way to our doorstep each and every month!

If you are interested in trying out a Kona Kase yourself you can use the code 'FF2' to get your first month for $10!

I received this product free of charge through FitFluential in exchange for my honest review.

13 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed my Kona Kase! This months looks like an awesome one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kona Kase does look like something that I would try! Yummy snacks are always a plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! I tried Kona Kase a couple of months ago and really liked the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wanting to try that! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first I'm hearing about this--very cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a box of yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that does look like fun! Love the quote too - perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little cynical on these - I was told it's totally worth the money, and got to try a granola bar from one, and it was disgusting. I just bought a whole box of granola bars for like $2.50! Glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a commitment, or can you just do it for one month?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Kind bars, too. I'm bringing some with me on an upcoming marathon/vacation for some healthy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Compared to other boxes I have seen Kona Case looks great. I would actually use the stuff in it. I got a box from a different company once and it was all sketchy weight loss stuff and supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally agree, i wish there had been some running stuff inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for actually reviewing each product! so helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!