Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Chasing a PR

A couple of weeks ago I talked about the goals I set for myself as part of the Under Armour What's Beautiful campaign that I'm participating with through FitFluential. One of the big goals and the one that I have had my eye on for many months is to run a sub-2:20 half.

Tomorrow I'm running the Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon in NC and I am more anxious than I was before my first half marathon. I know this is a course that has HUGE PR written all over it so if you have a minute say a little prayer for me and keep your fingers crossed that I can channel my inner speed demon and fly down those hills tomorrow. I have a pretty lofty time goal on top of breaking 2:20 but I'll wait and share that in my race recap!

Something that is even more exciting than the race is meeting Courtney and her husband and their chocolate lab Riley!!! They have graciously invited Allan and I to stay with them and even invited Sasha and Lucky. Unfortunately Lucky still has an ear infection and had to go to the vet this morning for a check up on that so he and Sasha have to stay home. I have been looking forward to meeting Courtney since I started reading her blog and I have a feeling we are going to be great friends!

This is after a 6 mile run at the farm-not tired and not dropping his ball
For those who enjoy reading about Sasha and Lucky and their little adventures you'll appreciate this episode from the vet's office this morning. Lucky doesn't like walking on slippery surfaces such as tile and hardwood and has reservations about the metal table at the vet. He backed in the corner of the room and proceeded to climb Allan like he was a tree when it was time to get on the table. The tiny vet tech got the same treatment when they had to put him back on the table a second time. On top of all this Lucky refused the treat that the nice ladies up front offered him when he and Allan first arrived. When it was time to leave they offered him every type of treat they had behind the counter and the fifth one was the charm so they gave him his own pile of treats to nibble on! He's a crazy dog but I sure do love him!

Enough rambling. North Carolina...here we come!

21 comments:

  1. Good Luck at the race tomorrow Suz! I will be thinking of you and sending good race vibes! I know you can do it.

    That is so cute about Lucky at the vet. At least he finally found a treat he liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow Suz! You will do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are so goofy like that!! Can't wait to hear about the race...downhill sounds super fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great race and lots of fun too! Smash that 2:20!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great! Prudence just cowers on the table and refuses to move (which the vets think is nice since she stays still through the whole thing), and Matt is too big, so he gets backed into a corner for his check ups. He did leap over the vet last time, prompting the vet to say he'd never seen a dog that big with such a great vertical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at your race! I'll send good vibes your way for a PR :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck tomorrow!!! :) Sending speedy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!! Have fun in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, those awful metal slippery cold vet tables! Poor Lucky!

    Good luck with your even tomorrow. Will be hoping you fly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun tomorrow with Courtney! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will absolutely be thinking of you!! May God give you speedy feet. :) Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got this, Suz! You're not NC bound, you're PR bound! I can feel it. I love that story about Lucky refusing the treats :) It was so much easier at the vet when I had ferrets and a cat...they're a bit easier to handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got this girl!! My PB was 2:20 many years ago - what a great feeling. Now I love to finish...lol. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well it's all over now so too late to say good luck so I will say I sure hope you are celebrating that PR! I've been away from the computer all weekend so I haven't seen anything yet. I swear trying to run fast is soooooo much more stressful than a new distance! Before all my PR attempts I was pretty much sick with anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that the half marathon went well!! :)

    Bernie has his own crazy adventures at the vet, he HATES having his blood drawn for the heart worm test. It is frustrating, but I love him too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you hit your goal yesterday! If you didn't, you'll get it next time!!!! Looking forward to reading your post on it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm so behind!! hope you hit it-and had a great trip regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am way behind as well. I hope you kicked butt and got a shiny new PR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!