Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Meet Aiden!

On February 9 at 4:39 PM Aiden finally decided to make his arrival and weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz and measured 21 in long! My sister was a champ and I swear when I saw her I never would have known she had just had a baby. I run a half marathon and look like death and she has a baby and looks fabulous-makes no sense to me! Her husband was so happy to finally meet his little man and I could see they were both head over heels already. Obviously I think he's absolutely adorable because I'm his aunt and I would tell Rachel if I thought she had an ugly baby. We operate on honesty in this family. My sister and I were both born with a full head of hair too so maybe the hair thing is genetic. It's impossible to recall a moment during which my parents were more proud and more excited than when they first held Aiden. It's truly a magical moment when a baby is born and everyone meets them for the first time! Alright, enough chatter here's what I know you've been waiting to see: pictures!


IMG_5578
So he was fine until he saw me and then he started screaming


IMG_5581
First diaper change


IMG_5588
G-Pa and G-Ma getting to meet their grandson


IMG_5600
His hair after his first bath-I swear I see some red in there!


IMG_5601
Snuggling with Aunt Suz after bathtime


IMG_5614
Gorgeous blanket Allan's mom made for him-it matches his nursery perfectly!


IMG_5617
Day 2-he inherited his aunt's greasy hair. You're welcome!


IMG_5690
What we do a lot of these days-FaceTime during naptime


IMG_5717
Rachel and Aiden at 3 weeks of age

So there you are. That's the newest love of my life and in about a month Adam and Jodi will welcome their little boy into the world making Ali a big sister and giving Uncle Allan and Aunt Suz another nephew to spoil! Allan hasn't had the pleasure of meeting little Aiden yet but he will this weekend so be prepared for another post filled with baby pictures.



Was anyone else born with a head full of hair?

Am I the only one that sees some red in his hair?

29 comments:

  1. Congrats to your family! He is adorable and I love the head of hair! I had a lot of dark hair when I was born too.

    I love the picture of his grandparents holding him - you can see the pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! Congratulations on your newest family addition! Love that y'all FaceTime! So neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww he's so sweet! Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Look at all that hair!!! Congrats on a beautiful addition to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! Aiden is so adorable! Congrats, Aunt Suz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! 2 of my kiddos were born with dark hair, but it all fell out and grew in blond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow he has lots of hair and yes I see the red in there! He was a big boy too! Your sister is a brave girl :) Congratulations! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww such a sweetie pie! Your sister is crazy beautiful and I would love that red hair. Congrats to the whole fam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww he is beautiful! Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new nephew! He is adorable ... don't spoil him too much (just kidding - no such thing as too much). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word! He's so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORABLE!!! Oh how I love babies. Yes, I gave birth to kids with tons of hair and I see red too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was born with a head full of hair as were all my kids. I always joked that if a kid came out bald I was shoving it back it cause I wasn't having any of that! ;) He is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aiden is just precious! Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, look at all that gorgeous hair! I LOVE babies...I bet you're having a blast. Congrats to a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so so sweet!!! :) I see some red too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats!! He's so precious! You can definitely get under 25!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww so cute! Congratulations!!

    I'm pretty sure I had hair when I was born, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy for you and your family! This brings me right back to the wonderful (for me, as you know, being an aunt is super easy and awesome) when my nephew was born! He is just gorgeous. My sister was the same way....looking like a model in the hospital....ugh. Good thing I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  21. how adorable! the quilt that allan's mom made is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. seriously beautiful little boy!! i totally understand the aunt love and the miracle of life. it really was amazing to see. i love that blanket allans mom made too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, beautiful little man! loving all his hair! Your sister looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Auntie!! What a sweetie pie : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. How amazing. Nephews are the best. I don't FaceTime, but we do Skype which is just a lot of me staring at him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. adorable... my oldest was born with a full head of hair. Enjoy him!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!