Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Green Haven Creek B&B

Staying at a Bed & Breakfast is something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I always envisioned staying at an old house with sweet owners, a beautiful front porch, and nothing else in sight but trees and cows. When I saw a Groupon for a place that matched that description I was thrilled and immediately bought it and when we arrived and saw cows across the road I knew I would feel right at home.


IMG_5312
Isn't this place beautiful?!



IMG_5310
I couldn't leave without taking a picture of the cows across the road

Allan and I were finally able to go up to Green Haven Creek in January. Thanks to our schedules free weekends are few and far between so this was a luxury. While I could have asked for warmer weather and no rain so we could have explored the grounds we couldn't have asked for better hosts. One of the owners and Allan could have talked engineering the entire weekend if I had let them!

IMG_5314
The gorgeous entryway

We were the only guests for the weekend so we had the entire second floor to ourselves. I got to pick the bedroom so I immediately chose the one with a claw footed tub in the bathroom. I planned ahead and packed snacks so we could stay in for the night instead of going out for dinner. They had fresh chocolate chip cookies and coffee when we arrived and you know how it goes with warm cookies-you can't have just one! There were NFL playoff games to watch so we spent the evening in front of the TV snuggled on the couch.

IMG_5290
Our room for the weekend



IMG_5305
They don't make tubs like this anymore. I wish I had one!


The bed was sooo nice and comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep. Allan slept right through it (no surprise there, right?!) but rain on the tin roof woke me up in the middle of the night. There's nothing more peaceful than sleeping with rain falling on a tin roof.

IMG_5304
This was in the bathroom too and one of Allan's favorite aspects of the house-he loves exposed brick work

In the morning we had a delicious breakfast of coffee, quiche, cereal, yogurt, juices, and cinnamon rolls. We were both stuffed afterward! By some miracle Allan kept me from taking home a kitten. The owner's cat had a new litter of kittens that I fell in love with after we arrived and I spent some time playing with them on Sunday morning before we had to leave.

IMG_5316
The dining room

I highly recommend staying in a B&B if you have a chance and if you are in south Tennessee then Green Haven Creek should be on your list for a nice weekend getaway! We will certainly be making another trip when it's warmer so we can enjoy the walking trails on the 18 acres surrounding the house. Besides checking out their website you can find them on facebook and on Twitter.

IMG_5318
The woodwork on this old fireplace was beautiful and the photo doesn't do it justice

As a side note I wanted to mention that they place a lot of emphasis on Green Technology so the cleaning products are all-natural, their air water filtration systems blew my mind, and even the pillows and mattresses are eco-friendly. I thought this was a neat touch and after a long conversation with one of the owners he shared with us the time and effort he has put into making sure they are doing all they can to create the "eco-elegant environment" that they reference on their website.

IMG_5301
Who knows what this is? They had a display of items found on the property and this was one of many goodies

Have you ever stayed at a Bed & Breakfast?

31 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time. The item looks like a door knocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! We stayed at a B&B in Gettysburg for our first dating anniversary (the only one we ever celebrated, ha) and it was just as you described. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I'm glad you had a great time!

    I've stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, it was on Nantucket. My parents always would go there and a few times my brother and I could go (other times we just stayed with my grandparents) and they would stay at bed and breakfasts. It was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That sounds fabulous-I would love to do that at some time. That place looks absolutely wonderful, I'm glad you had a great weekend.

    I have no idea what that thing is!! It's very...different...looking. My first thought was medieval torture device, but obviously that makes no sense lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the best weekend ever to get away in a gorgeous B&B! Lovely home and I love all of the brick work, wood work, and that tub!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place looks so adorable! I'd love to stay in a B&B like that-- I've stayed in a few mountain places but an adorable country B&B would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place! So glad you guys were able to enjoy a weekend together in such a lovely setting!
    I think Lucky would probably be glad that you didn't bring home a kitten. He'd be too jealous if he didn't have all his mama's attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun weekend and gorgeous place! glad you all were able to get away for a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming getaway! Glad you had fun, that sounds like a nice romantic escape. My mom actually owned a bed and breakfast when we lived in Hawaii, so I have had my fill of them I think! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like such a relaxing time!! My parents own a B&B with a big front porch....no cows though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks beautiful! Glad you had a nice getaway. I've stayed in a few. I love B&B's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like an awesome B&B! We were regular B&Bers until kids came along :) We even stayed at 4 different ones on our Honeymoon in VT and ME

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never stayed at a B&B but man, that looks amazing! Glad you had such an amazing stay and took the opportunity when it was presented to you! You deserved the getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like so much fun! So quaint and charming. We stayed in a nice B&B in Michigan and there was a 10-mile race that went right past it. I was not a runner then and was amazed anyone could run that far!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a really beautiful place. I've never stayed at a B&B and would certainly love to someday. I've also thought it would be fun to own one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. What a beautiful place. I've never stayed at a B&B, but would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a lovely place to spend some time! And kittens?! I'll take two!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The last picture is a weaning device for calves. The ball end clamps in their nose. The larger plate will flip back in forth so the calf can eat, but the sharp points will stick the cow so she will not let the calf nurse. It does not hurt the calf. It's like a ring in a bull's nose.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guess I have to add that B&B to my list! LOVE the bathtub and the breakfast sounds yummy too. Glad you guys got away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reading your blog always touches home some to me (as you know!) - I would LOVE to own a place like that (not for a B&B but rather to live in :)). Reminds me a lot of the old farmhouse my grandmother lived in. And the old homes in downtown Huntsville. Glad you guys had a great little time away together - perfect place to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun. I have never been to a bed and breakfast, but always want to go try one. Sounds so quaint and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ADORABLEEEEEEEEE!! I stayed in a really cute similar inn in Charlottesville VA for a girlfriend's birthday weekend and I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds so fun! Like staying at grandma's house, only you don't feel like you have to help with the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know why but B&Bs always creep me out. Maybe I should really try one someday to change my opinion. That one looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks so beautiful!! We stayed in a bed and breakfast before we moved to Ithaca, NY to check out houses because they had tons of B&b's... we need to do it again. We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bed and Breakfasts are so fun! My mom actually used to work at one in the town I grew up in when I was little. I remember they always had dinner mints in little cups for the guests. I may have gotten a mint or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh lucky you...that looks just perfect!
    My husband and I try and get a way for a weekend at least once a yr without the kids and we stay in B&B...love the whole feel!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How beautiful!! Glad you got to spend a nice weekend there :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. looks awesome! P has a thing about B&B's-it creeps him out to stay at some strangers house...i've tried to talk him into it though. maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!