Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still Lolo

 

A little over a year ago Lauren and her family's life was turned upside down and in this book we hear her story from her viewpoint as well as the viewpoints of her parents and twin sister. It's amazing to see how one event experienced by the same family can be seen in so many different lights. The accident with the propeller may have taken Lauren's left hand and eye but it didn't take her desire to impact others in a positive manner or her determination to fight. You can read the first chapter here if you want a sneak peek!

 http://www.tyndale.com/authorphotos/amazon/1516/pic_full_scruggs_lauren.jpg

There are a couple of quotes that resonated with me that I wanted to share:

"I'd developed my definition of everyday courage---Even when life hits you hard, you keep on going---then lived by that definition. That's all I'd done."

"Maybe my mistake had been assuming that warriors are fearless, tough, and unbeatable. I've come to realize that warriors aren't invincible; they're just strengthened and energized by hope."

 http://mediacenter.tyndale.com/downloads/press_kits/ScruggsFamily.jpg

It's impossible for me to begin to understand how painful this time was for Lauren and her family but yet in spite of everything she came up swinging with her family in her corner. I can't say enough good things about this book and how uplifting and inspirational it is from beginning to end.

 http://mediacenter.tyndale.com/downloads/press_kits/PushUp.jpg

I received this book free of charge from Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I saw an interview with her and what a remarkable young woman. I will def read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed this story and this girl is so amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an unfortunate event, but it's incredibly inspiring to see someone come out of it even stronger! I'll have to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!