Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nairn's Oat Cookies

Last month I received two boxes of Nairn's Oat Cookies (AKA Oat Biscuits) from the lovely people at Nairn's. The package also included a coupon, recipe, and complete nutrition facts on their products. The first thing I noticed that I really liked was the packaging of the two boxes of oat cookies. Inside each box the cookies aren't in one big package (like you see for most cookies) but in four small packages so it's easy to keep them fresh and just take out one small package for a snack or dessert. In my opinion this also makes portion control easier since we are all tempted to eat more than what we say we will when we are eating straight from the package of cookies.

november 014
Yum, yum, yum!
As far as the taste goes I am in love with the stem ginger! They are basically a healthier ginger snap with a bit more bite and are absolutely delicious. If you are looking for something a little more sweet then the mixed berries will be right up your alley. They have a sweet berry taste that I also liked but I haven't really craved sweets lately so that box hasn't been completely devoured. Allan also doesn't know they are in the pantry so that's probably why they haven't disappeared! I'm anxious to try the Dark Chocolate Chip variety to see how they compare to chocolate chip cookies.

november 013
The rest of the goodies in the package
The reason I waited so long to post my review is that in the weeks leading up to the marathon my appetite was all over the place (can we say taper crazies?!) and I really wanted to enjoy these cookies so I saved them for a treat post-marathon. While I liked the mixed berries variety the stem ginger are my favorite and will be in my pantry again soon! I'm also anxious to try their other products since these cookies were so delicious!

Have you ever tried Nairn's Oat Cookies or Oat Crackers? What did you think if so?

I received these cookies from Nairn's in exchange for my honest review of their product in a blog post.

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried them. They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never tried them, but was supposed to…never heard back… if ya know what i mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried them, but they sound super good! Are the soft and chewy or hard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't tried them here. I'm sure my kids (and wife) would love them! They sound yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried them but I love ginger too and they sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I liked them both but the mixed berry was my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried those but I've never met a cookie I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!