Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Jingle Bell H-E-Double Hockeysticks 2012

For this year's Jingle Bell H-E-Double Hockeysticks hosted by XLMIC I opted for the treadmill since it was raining. Yes, I know it would be dreadful to run in the rain (which is the point of this) but it's also cold and I don't wish to spend my birthday week sick so treadmill it is.

I actually really like the Grinch even if he is a meanie

I'm convinced that most of the time the treadmill is actually worse for the dogs than it is for me and that brought about the mandatory laughing. Yes, call me terrible but I laughed when Lucky stood in the door whining and Sasha was panting and sprinting up and down the hall. Poor dogs, they saw running shoes and assumed I was taking them somewhere not running on the dreaded treadmill. Silly dogs, it's raining!

december 194
Lucky: "Mom, not the scary machine again. I'll never be able to rescue you if I can't move these tubs!"
  Sasha: "I said take me outside NOW!"
What made the run my own special H-E-Double Hockeysticks is a combination of running a week post-marathon and the fact that today is two years since my grandmother passed away. In the back of my mind I knew today was the anniversary of her passing but I really didn't think about it until I was running. Throw in the rain and the fact that I'm home alone and you've got a recipe for one heck of a day.

december 195
Slow and steady is the name of the game
So there you have it-my Jingle Bell H-E-Double Hockeysticks 2012 performance in all of its incredibly slow glory!

Tomorrow I'll share my post-marathon thoughts and if I can get organized there's a giveaway coming up soon!

16 comments:

  1. I freakin' LOVE Lucky's eyes!!!! Great job running on the mill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh.both of our jingle bell runs were more of a mental battle! and poor pups! got their hopes up. look forward to seeing your post marathon thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor doggies!! I'm sorry about your loss of your grandmother. Hugs to you...I lost my grandmother when I was 15 and it still catches me from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. Always hard - hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dogs get all in a wad when I use the treadmill too. And the cat tries to get on it while I'm running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother :( That is such a hard thing to go through! My thoughts are with you! Well done on your run!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome getting it done... I'm sorry about your grandmother :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog title; fun stuff! Good work on your run, and congratulations on the marathon. I'm heading over to read your marathon post next. Sorry about your Grandma's passing. Those type of anniversarys are always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job getting the run done. sorry about your grandmother, i lost mine in december a little over 10 years ago and it makes Christmas a bittersweet time.

    and as always, the dogs are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grandmas are very special and I miss mine so very much. Hugs, girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my gosh your dogs and the treadmill are cracking me up. Mien is terrified of the vacuum, I don't have a treadmill, but I am guessing it would be about the same.
    So sorry about your grandma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your dog just hypnotized me with his glowing eyes.:) It was impossible to look away.

    Sometimes running is therapy. You get in there and let your mind take you on the journey it needs that day. Your grandma obviously was a great woman that you are still thinking of her and missing her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate the treadmill. SO much so that I haven't been running much as it's my only option. I'm going to have to dig deep and suck it up.

    I'm sad I missed this race :(

    PS: rex does the same thing when I get ready for a tready run lol poor dogs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha. Winston gets all worked up when I run on the treadmill. Total jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That picture is terrifying. I know I should run in the rain, and I will if I have to, but I really love to avoid it whenever that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Mom, that dog's eyes are freakin me out!" said my 3-year old! Good for you for making it happen...and in my opinion, treadmill vs. rain...treadmill is worse! I am sorry to hear about your grandma...even as time passes, anniversaries like this are hard. And somehow even if we are not 'looking' to think about them, they almost always pop into our minds on 'the day'. (((hugs))) And thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!