Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tate Farms

Last year I went to Tate Farms in Meridianville, AL, and immediately fell in love with this family run pumpkin farm. They have nearly 5,000 acres of land and besides the pumpkins they also grow corn, soybeans, and cotton. They also have a herd of beef cows so what's not to love for me? Oh, did I mention they are an Auburn family? Even without any of this it's impossible not to fall in love with this farm once you turn off the paved road and onto the property.

The sky was so beautiful the afternoon we were there
A couple of weeks ago after Liz Hurley we decided we had to take Adam, Jodi, and Ali to Tate Farms. I believe it goes without saying that Ali wore herself out playing with the farm animals, picking out a pumpkin (or two) in the pumpkin patch, sliding down the big slide over and over, climbing up the big tires with Uncle Allan and her Daddy, and many more fun activities.

I swear they are out there somewhere finding a pumpkin

I really think the goats may have been her favorite

BIG steps for a little girl
Not to worry, the adults had a great time too. We played on everything as much as Ali did and I will admit that I made several trips down the big slide and took Ali along as an excuse to keep going down the slide. I also took what I think is the best picture of Allan I've ever taken but I'll let you be the judge.

I am one very lucky lady to be married to this hottie!
All in all I would say it was a pretty perfect afternoon and I look forward to making at least one trip to Tate Farms again next year. Season passes are only $20 and I'm convinced we need them. Weekly trips to Tate Farms next year-yep that's happening!

I'm in love with ALL of their decorations!
Do you go to a pumpkin patch/farm each year?
Are you a big kid at heart like we are?

17 comments:

  1. I haven't found a good pumpkin patch here yet. Sad! I need to definitely make that happen next year. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love me a good pumpkin patch. Thankfully we have a great one pretty close. Great apple cider donuts there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks fun!!!! This year we grew our own pumpkins. Nothing huge - but our own. Lots came from the compost as well....which was a nice bonus. Free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a great pumpkin patch that we visited once while we were living in Utah. It had one of those giant corn mazes and was a lot of fun. I haven't been able to find any close by here in Mississippi that can match it.

    I am a huge kid at heart and I am always jealous of all the fun bouncy things that the kids get to play on and I have no excuse to play on them without being the weird adult creeper. I guess I should have some kids so I can play too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, you sure have some fun outings! Nothing better than a pumpkin patch in the Fall. For me, having kids forces me to be a kid again and I LOVE it. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeee pumpkin patches! Gorgeous decorations...and looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! I miss the pumpkin patch days. Now my teens just go out to friend's houses and terrorize the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love farms like that. Slides and swings are definitely the best playground equipment in my opinion. ;)
    Nothing like a blue Alabama sky. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being able to use the kids as an excuse to play! The season pass is super reasonable. I think you need them too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish they had things like pumpkin patches around here. So cool. What a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a lot of fun! Definitely seems worth the $$ for a season pass. Thanks for all the sweet comments on blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful place - and a great deal for a season pass, I'd definitely take that offer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pumpkin farms; they just scream Fall and evoke happiness. The sky really *was* beautiful the day you were there...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We didn't go anywhere this year, too busy! That looks like a lot of fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. total big kid at heart! and i wish we would've taken the time to go to a farm or apple picking or something. hopefully next year. maybe i can convince him to go to a christmas tree farm...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like fun. I took my friend's daughter to go and see the goats down the street from my house and she couldn't get enough of them! She fed them hay for a really long time! I love seeing how excited the kids get over such a simple thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!