Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Jingle Bell Run & Photo Favorites

Remember when I ran the Magic City Half a couple of weeks ago? I failed to mention that I also signed myself up for a 5K that afternoon. Thanks to the hills of Birmingham and running a bit faster and harder than I planned to during the half, the 5K was more of a cool down walk/jog than a run. The event itself was wonderful and the course ran through research park (which I don't remember having so many hills!) and overall it was perfect for a Sunday afternoon race. The best part of my afternoon: a 10 minute post-race chair massage. That lady was my savior because after running a half, driving two hours home, taking a quick shower, driving to the 5K, and tacking on another 3.1 miles for the day I was exhausted and she made my back and shoulders feel soooo much better. Another goody from the race: a nice race photo! I finally don't look awful in a race picture! Perhaps this is because this was one of the few parts of the race I actually ran but nonetheless I will take it!

november 133
Yay, I don't look awful. Thanks We Run Huntsville for a great picture!

Since my race recap is pretty brief (translated: I mostly walked) I thought I'd throw in a cute picture of Lucky. We have a little game we play with him. He has two rubber ducks that we keep in the bathroom and he can only play with those in the bathroom. If you sit in the bathtub he will throw the duck in the tub, wait for you to pick it up, throw it back down, and repeat the process for as long as you want to play his game. I am normally giggling too much to take a picture but the last time we played our little game I managed to keep my laughter under control and snap a picture of his face while he waits for me to hand the duck back. You might ask why he has rubber ducks in the bathroom. I'm not allowed to go anywhere in the house without him (his rules, not mine) so if I take a shower he lays on the rug waiting for me to get out and plays with one of his rubber ducks while he waits.

november 138
Pleaaaase let me have my ducky!!!

 Any big plans for the weekend? Anyone racing?

32 comments:

  1. Great picture Suz! I just posted about how I'm doing a 5k tomorrow and starting up my running adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of you is stunning! Frame it! No blow it up then frame it! Wait you did a half and a 5k in one day? I am tired just thinking of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look AMAZING in that picture Suz! and what a feat - two races in one day! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture! Dual races=talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an incredible picture! & Lucky is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky is so Cute! Two Races in one day... good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picture Suz!! You're rocking one of my fave/lucky numbers, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a FANTASTIC picture! You look so hardcore and I would kill to have my legs look like that in running tights! I love/hate massages - love them but I'm freaked out by strangers touching me. PS I'm typing this from our new laptop! Is yours all set up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a wonderful picture of you!!! and love your pup, such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, how cute is he? Gotta love your furbabies and their love for toys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky is adorable, funny the games they play. I used to have a cat that would play fetch with rubber bands.

    Nice race picture and that is impressive doing a 5k after a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great picture of you. I always look like i might be dying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive never taken advantage of a post race massage, the line always looked to long. BUT, I can imagine it felt awesome!! Love the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picture and I'm impressed that you would attempt a 1/2 marathon and then a 5K. After a half I usually need a serious nap. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picture! Not racing this weekend, actually taking it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky is adorable! And you get huge props for running two races in one day - that's fabulous. Your race picture is a killer too - looking strong!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Lucky! <3 <3
    Love that photo of you!! You look amazingly strong and determined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is an awesome picture! I don't think I have any decent race pictures, especially not that close up. The massage sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your race picture is awesome and its hard to beat a cute puppy shot but you did it!
    still loving the HBBC challenge !
    I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is an awesome race picture! I'm not racing (yet) but I do have a cat that will follow me just about everywhere when he's awake including waiting outside the shower for me or sometimes even trying to get in! I can't wait until he actually does...I think he'll be a bit shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  21. a half and a 5k in one day? you're a champ! and what an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness! You do look amazing! I've never looked good in a race picture. NEVER. Congrats to you! And good luck on your first marathon Saturday! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow girl, you are my new hero. That really is an amazing feat. To be in that kind of shape is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, Lucky is adorable!! So you ran a half in the morning and a 5K later? That's awesome!! Plus that is a fantastic race photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha that is so cute! I love Lucky's rubber duck!

    You look great in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. that is a fabulous pic of you! i swear,there is no way I could’ve done a half, driven home, showered and then raced again. SUPERSTAR!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great race picture! The picture of your puppy is priceless, too.

    No big plans for this weekend - I have 2 friends running their first 5ks though, so I think I'm going to spectate instead of run a race :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl, you are looking good in that picture! And amazing that you drove from one race to another.

    ReplyDelete
  29. And I have to find you this weekend at Rocket City! I'm getting so excited and nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a great race picture.

    I love when I don't close the bathroom door completely and my dog noses his way in to check things out. Like they can't be left home for a second. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look really good in that photo! Do you have your hair in braids? The sun is shining just in the right place and you look fit and strong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!