Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Seattle in a Nutshell

Besides several trips to Starbucks we also did some shopping, sightseeing, and enjoyed being together. It had been almost a year since I'd seen Caroline and it had been over a year since I'd seen Jenn so the highlight of the week was being with these two lovely ladies! With that said we still took lots of pictures and if we did nothing else we laughed A LOT!


Space Needle with my lovelies
So many gorgeous views from up top

Space Needle-must do if you go to Seattle
At the Space Needle we took lots and lots of pictures and found ourselves deep in conversation with a couple of locals who were giving us a huge list of places to go and things to see.

Fresh seafood

Fresh fruits and vegetables

Fresh flowers

The pig at Pike's (it's practically required to take a picture there)
On Monday I made a trip to Pike's with Jenn and her friends and on Saturday we went back with Caroline. I was enamored with the street performers and could have listened to them play all day long. The fresh flowers, fruits, vegetables, and seafood were almost overwhelming. There were so many to chose from. I managed to selected a bunch of flowers for Caroline and if I could have figured out how to bring some home with me I would have bought more. They were beautiful!

gum wall

My first trip inside Sephora

my first trip to The Melting Pot

The troll was one of my favorite things we saw in Seattle
At Pike's we also saw the gum wall which was kinda nasty but neat nonetheless. While shopping with Jenn on Wednesday I went to Sephora for the first time. Way too much makeup in one place! I took Caroline to The Melting Pot (one of her favs) as a late birthday celebration and it was my first time to eat there. It was good but it's pricey and the idea of cooking my own food wasn't my favorite. On Saturday we also saw the infamous Fremont Troll. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that.

Do you visit lots of touristy spots while in a new place or do you search out the obscure, little known spots?

 **Don't forget that our Team Tanya Raffle & Virtual Run is going on from now until October 19. Everyone who donates will win!

16 comments:

  1. it looks like so much fun and makes me realize I need to go back to see all the things I've missed! I love doing the doing touristy stuff and the obscure stuff. I agree the gum wall was neat but so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me like you had an awesome time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I agree with you about The Melting Pot. It is pricey and you have to cook your own food. For that price I don't want to cook but I do love the cheese and the chocolate the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That troll is very cool. I hadn't heard about that touristy spot.

    We have a Melting Pot close to here. When it opened it became our go-to special dinner spot. After a few times going, I got tired of the huge amount of food and the expense. Now sometimes we'll go sit in the bar and have dessert. I do make fondue at home occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a fun time and got to see the sights:) Did you add your won gum to the wall?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gum Wall?
    Do you know the saying "Only in America"?
    Looks like a ton of fun had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like fun - I have never been to Seattle :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun trip! That gum wall is disgusting. :P

    Did you go to Sephora for their free birthday gift? I got some lovely lip balm and all I had to do was sign up to be on their email list. That was in August, and I don't think I've ever even gotten any emails. No purchase necessary. I'd never been to a Sephora before that, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing trip! I would love to go to Seattle sometime, there are some lighthouses I would like to see there. Sephora is way too overwhelming for me, but I don't wear makeup so that is probably why!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds (and looks) like you had an awesome time! We do try to hit touristy and little known spots (Disney doesn't count- it's all touristy there...). Gum wall? Gross

    ReplyDelete
  11. you hit some good spots! i try to see both-the regular touristy stuff and some of the local stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I <3 Seattle. A lot!

    So glad you had fun with your friends and got out and saw so many neat places.. that troll is weird hey? And the other statues in Fremont are strange too.

    I love Pike's Place Market. The flower stalls are the best and I love all the food smells and odd people too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that troll! I have been there. I didn't realize it was famous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great trip! I've never been to Seattle but it's definitely on my list! Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree about the gum wall ... gross, but still cool. Where is the troll??? I haven't seen that before!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!