Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Meet Our "Family"

The crazy thing about blogging (in my opinion) is remembering that most people who read our blog only know us from the blog world unless we've met in real life. Therein lies the problem. I talk about people, events, and things as though you guys all know exactly what I mean. After a few comments and questions about some things I decided to explain some things starting with our family.

Rachel (my sister) and I
By now I'm sure you all know our immediate family consists of myself, Allan, Sasha (Allan's dog), and Lucky (my dog). My mom and dad still live on the farm I grew up on and I have one sister (pictured above) who is expecting a little boy in January. She and her husband (AF pilot) live in FL.

Jodi, Adam, and Ali
You guys probably also recognize Allan's younger brother Adam, his wife Jodi, and their daughter Ali. They blog here and are expecting their second baby in April. Allan has two older brothers (Andrew & Austin). Andrew's wife Tanya is the one we run in memory of each year for Liz Hurley. We have two nephews who I just love. Andrew and the boys stop and stay with us on their way to the beach in the summer and I look forward to their visit every year!

we took a walk around the neighborhood during their visit this past summer
Allan's other older brother Austin is married and he and his wife have two little girls. They live in NC so we don't see them very often. Allan's mom is only an hour and a half away and is on the way to my parent's and my sister's so we see her more often than any of our family. She and I are very close and I feel so fortunate to have her in my life! Allan's dad and stepmom live out west and Allan sees them as often as he can when he is on that side of the country for work.

Austin & his family
The only other group of people that I think need explaining are our Auburn Wrestling/Mat Cats family. Allan and I met through wrestling at Auburn. He wrestled during college and I was president of the Mat Cats, our hostess organization, for three years. During our years at Auburn we became very close with several people involved in the two organizations and they made up a big part of our wedding part. This is the group we did the lake trip with earlier this month and for the most part these are the people we've remained closest with after college. Every week we had Sunday night dinner for awhile we rotated houses but for a long time it was always at my house. I'm not sure what we would do without these people who became our family.

Our wedding party
To our family that reads this-hope you guys know how much all of you mean to us. We love you all!

Do you have family that isn't actually related to you at all?
What's the craziest thing about blogging in your your opinion?

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your family with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got quite the family! & that is one large wedding party. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I love hearing about your family...it's neat to see more about the people I talk to the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to meet your family :)
    I love that your sis is a redhead.

    Craziest thing about blogging is either that people actually read my blog or some of the crazy ways people find my blog like one today was "tall thin with a tight aack. only I modified the last word. I tried searching that and did not find my blog and aack at what I did find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful family you have! It was very nice to meet them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post. You are lucky to have such a large and happy family and so many wonderful friends... but I am not surprised cause you seem like such a generous and caring woman. Love reading your blog and getting to know you better.

    And Lucky and Sasha are lucky too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really thought about that before. Thanks for the introductions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great post! i love this idea and may have to steal it at some point! so fun to see your family in pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's weird to meet people for the first time and feel like you already know them, and it's weird to meet people who already "know' you. But you don't know anything about them. And inevitably I feel like I am really boring when I meet people in real life. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that we just got to meet your families :) Nice....I want your sister's hair colour. and I love this. The craziest thing to me about blogging is that people want to read about me :P I think it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing :) It is interesting that through blogging a lot of personal stuff is shared with complete strangers and it is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this :) i’d like to think my girlfriends are my family! and yes, i think that blogging is crazy-i think it’s weird when people mention something they know about me but i didn’t necessarily tell them (family, friends that aren’t runners-so i don’t expect them to read).

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet! I loved hearing this! I think it's so amazing how we can become virtually so close to one another through our blogs, but still not know so many basics. But it also feels like we might know each other better than some friends who we've known forever and had family dinners with - I think that's the most surprising part of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful family and holy wedding party Batman! Most of my family and friends have no idea I blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm I may be weird because I LOVE my friends so much and I don't know what we would do without them, but I don't consider them family? But then I consider my mom and my sister to be among my best friends, which is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to "meet" everyone and put a face to names! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post! I agree it can be confusing trying to keep up with all of the little connections that we have, but this explains a lot!

    And I agree, your wedding party was huge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!