Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Where My Heart Is

A week in Seattle without rain was too good to be true. I woke up this morning to rain and I'm sure it's cold outside but I won't be stepping outside to find out until later this afternoon. Rainy days always make me yearn for home whether it's our home with Allan, myself, and the pups or what I call "home home" with my parents and sister. Perhaps it's because we stayed up past 10 (and haven't been awake past 9 the entire week) but I'm feeling a little sappy so today I'm sharing where my heart and my head have been this morning.

It's been too long since I've seen our sweet niece Ali (young Mizuno lover at heart!)

Last time I saw my sister she didn't even have a baby bump and now she's 24 weeks!

Puppy snuggles-no explanation needed

Always hate leaving this guy at the airport and he always hates when I make him pose with his bags for a blog photo

Auburn-I'm coming home to you next weekend so be ready because it's been way too long!

"Home home" or the farm as I usually call it-cows, trees, running across the pasture, and spending time with family. No better place on earth!
Home is where the heart is and today my heart seems to be all over the place since those I love are scattered from coast to coast. Jenn, Caroline, and I have a list full of activities so I'm sure Monday will be here before I know it and I'll be on the phone headed home and missing both of them terribly. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend it with someone you love!

**Side note: If you haven't read Beth's post today I highly encourage you to do so. I just spent the past hour taking down all pictures that have the front of our house or our street number and removing our last name or any really specific details about where we live and how to find us at certain times from past blog posts. It's important not to neglect safety on your blog! I realize a crazy person can find me if they really want to and if they do the dogs and I will be ready.

20 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the photo of Ali at the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting at the airport in Seattle right now and miss my pups already. Oh yes, my kids and hubs too:) nice to get away and have girl time though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally a rainy day here has allowed me time to sit and catch up on my blog reading!!

    hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Beth's post and that does make you think twice. Thanks for posting her link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't read her blog, but I try to keep stuff like that out of my blog. FB is different, though. We're much more open with the front of our house at times. We don't have any street numbers, but our home town is listed. I know we can set more privacy preferences, but how good are they really?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Beth's post too, it's so true that we need to be careful about that sort of stuff!! Made me want to go through all my old posts and take any a lot of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are in Seattle and that you and Jenn get to spend some time together... going to read Beth's post now... What?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your sister is a redhead :) none of my sisters are, just me. Home home is always the best place. I always feel like it is where my soul is the happiest.

    Beth's post was very eye opening...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't wait to see you all again in October, Ali included.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same exact Mizunos and a nephew I am crazy about who has a very similar toddler Mizuno photo.
    I too wish all my loved ones could be closer together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing Beth's post. Somehow I missed it. I need to be far more careful.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you've had good weather!! This post reminds me of the country song..."My home's in Alabama, no matter where I lay my head. My home's in Alabama, Southern born and Southern bred." ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I finally gave into my 'hearts at home' and moved back after being away for 6 years. And that was 14 years ago. So thankful Im able to live close to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i so wish we lived closer to my family. i miss them so much! i love asheville, but KY will always be home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You came at a good time though. The rain in Seattle has been light and unseasonal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. my heart is in Seattle and jackson hole (its where I love to live all the time)and all of those same places that relate to family I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so nice to spent time with family! I love the Seattle area too...actually all the times I have been there, it hasn't rained (knock on wood!) So I think that the rain thing is made up to keep people away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet--thanks for sharing this glimpse into your heart! And thanks for the link to Beth's post. I'm going to read that, too. I'm always concerned about having personal info on my blog, and probably need a reality check/check-in on keeping that info cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pictures! I know what you mean about missing home, but also having so many places that feel like home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, going to read her post right now! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!