Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Lattes Make Me Crazy

This morning my sweet, loving husband set his first alarm to go off before 6:00. I wake up, notice it's dark, think it must be a mistake, and roll over. Within a few minutes alarm #2 sounds and I realize he is actually getting up this early (I wake up at 5 on Tuesdays to volunteer at the hospital so I sleep late on Wednesdays). I hear him stomp into the bathroom and slide the door closed. Just as I roll over again to go back to sleep I hear Lucky's tail swishing back and forth. I open my eyes and there he is with his sweet little face on the edge of the bed begging to get up. I sweetly tell him no and point him to the end of the bed to his Snoozie (that's the actual brand and I thought it was a cute name so it stuck) and closed my eyes.

Sitting on his Snoozie while I brush my teeth (it conveniently matches the carpet and is really thin so no one falls over it)
I wish I could say that I fell back asleep and woke up at a more respectable hour but no. Instead I stumbled out of bed to let out the dogs. Sasha's look reassured me that this was in fact way too early to be up and too early for her to go out into the yard. They both plopped down on the deck (without peeing or pooping) so I let them back in. About the time Allan left I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands if this day was going to turn itself around. Off to Starbucks!

Thank goodness she didn't take her anger out on the patio furniture and shred the cushions

With a venti Pumpkin Spice Latte and a slice of lemon pound cake in hand I was ready to tackle the day. After dropping off Allan's venti Caramel Macchiato (wife of the year right here!) I headed back home and thought I'd settle down on the front porch with my breakfast and a book. No sooner had I settled down and posted a picture on Instagram did the death stares begin. Sasha and Lucky looked at me with hatred for making them stay inside so after finishing the pound cake I headed back inside so they could go back to sleep and I could watch them.

my little nook (not the instagram pic because I'm being lazy and not downloading pics to my computer tonight)

An hour or so later my best girl friend called and asked me again to come with her to Seattle in a couple of weeks and hang out with her while she did job training during the day. My sweet Jenn is in Seattle now and since it's been a year since I've seen her and almost a year since seeing Caroline I jumped at the chance to spend a week with two of my favorites! Two hours later I cashed in my travel voucher from July when I volunteered to get off my flight in Boston and a trip to Seattle was officially booked! In less than two weeks I'll make my first trip to the Pacific Northwest!

Caroline & I in front of Samford in Auburn

Jenn & Allan Labor Day weekend 2011
That's not all my Pumpkin Spice Latte induced craziness made me do. I have been able to focus long enough to almost clean out my google reader thanks to the copious amounts of caffeine they put in those things. Your email inbox probably hates me right now. I also managed to type out a few coherent facebook messages, vacuum and tidy the house, and I may or may not be getting ready to register for a race whose identity will remain secret until the end of the year. Allan claims (after talking to me 10 min ago) that it sounds like I had another large coffee recently but no it's the lasting effects of my beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte. As much as I love them I'm going to have to use self control and start ordering the tall instead of the venti unless they start making a caffeine free version.

Have you ever been to Seattle? If so, what kind of fun activities do you recommend?
Am I the only one who feels this crazy after drinking a huge Pumpkin Spice Latte?

20 comments:

  1. i love pumpkin spice lattes too, but haven't done anything crazy after drinking them yet :) I went to seattle in june and loved it! pike's place market is a MUST and the first starbucks is there :) I didn't get to the space needle but I heard it's pretty cool (it looked cool from far away). We also did a brewery tour at red hook and that was cool (but it's a little outside the city)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Megs, did you know that the Starbucks you mentioned on Pike Place is actually the 4th Starbucks location and not the very 1st?

      The first Starbucks outlet was actually opened on March 29, 1971 in Downtown Seattle’s Harbor Heights building, which used to be located at 2000 Western Avenue. The building was rundown and eventually knocked down in 1974, so they built a new one a couple of blocks away, right across from the public market—the storefront you’re referring to.

      However, prior to that official relocation, the three founders opened two new stores near the University of Washington and on Capital Hill in 1972 & 1973 – making what’s now called the “original” the 4th store by chronology.

      The Pike Place storefront has been left essentially unaltered over the past 36 years and looks pretty much exactly like it did back in 1974 when it first opened—and absolutely a must visit when in Seattle.

      SUZ!!! I can’t wait to take you there:)

      Delete
    2. Oopsies -- I meant "Capitol" Hill! ...and I'll be taking you there, too, girlie! One of my favorite Health/Juice Bars is on Madison & 15th!

      Delete
  2. I. AM. SO. PUMPED!!!

    When we talked on the phone this morning/afternoon I'm sure I sounded like I was going 100mph, too -- we're two peas in a pod girl;)

    I seriously can't wait until you're here. I feel like a week isn't long enough, I have so many activities in mind!

    I'm going to call you tomorrow so we can chat some more -- <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkin spice everything. It usually doesn't make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm pumpkin spice lattes.... im so glad they are only around for a short time, the price is unreal! but they are delish. and i found a crock pot recipe online im going to try to make them myself. which may or may not be a good idea...
    and i LOVE seattle! i was there for 6 days and did not rain once. i think its all a big scam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle, you're totally right! I've lived in Seattle for about 10 months now -- it's a total scam! LOL!! I can't believe how beautiful the weather has been since I got here *knock on wood* and we've had +/- 50 days without rain already! It's definitely FALL here now but it's still super pretty and very pleasant:)

      Delete
    2. Its actually up over 60 days :( It makes me sad that this green state is so dead and brown now. We are under a fire ban at the moment!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes!!!!! Have fun in Seattle - I have never been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't drink coffee very often, but when I do venture to drink a mocha, I get so much done:) So glad you are coming to Seattle! We should meet up if you have any spare time:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a huge Pumpkin Spice Latte fan, but I do like a good Chai Tea in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You are coming to this great state!!! You are going to love it! Seattle is amazing, I am there it seems every single weekend LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and Pumpkin Spice Lattes...AH-MAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMM Pumpkin Spice Lattes! So good!

    I've never been to Seattle, but I would love to go. I hope you have an amazing time.

    As usual, the dogs are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the same as you in the morning, Suzanne! AND we have a Starbucks just a couple of yards from our place - can you say DANGER ?! I have had one pumpkin spice latte this season surprisingly, and I will definitely be getting a few more.

    Have a blast in Seattle! J and I are hoping to make a trip out there in the next year!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes and I've always wanted to go to Seattle because that's where the first ever starbucks is! Not to mention vampires....

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are cracking me up you can totally tell the caffeine's still working! i'm not a pumpkin fan (i know, call the fall police!). glad you had a great day and how awesome that you're going to seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so much to see and do! my hood to coast pre-run posts have some great restaurant suggestions in them. obviously have to go to pike market and the original starbucks :) curious about this race you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loooooove pumpkin anything, especially the lattes….in fact, I may need to pick one up on my car ride tomorrow on my way to see you in Nashville! Seattle is great - you'll have so much fun! My brother lived there for years and just moved to San Fran a couple of weeks ago. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to try one these so bad! I'm a pumpkin fanatic. I'm about to make a cake that consists of a box of yellow cake mix, a can of pumpkin with sweetened-condensed milk poured on top after it has baked and cooled. The icing is whipped cream, caramel drizzles, and crunched up Butterfinger. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!