Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Widow of Saunders Creek

The Widow of Saunders Creek by Tracey Bateman immediately appealed to me when I read the description about the main character being an Army wife. When I received it to read for review I was anxious to sit down and read it in one sitting. I had to wait for a lazy Sunday afternoon before I had the chance and this book didn't disappoint in the least. The relationships between Corrie and her sister Lola, Corrie and her late husband's cousin Eli,  and Corrie and Eli's mom Sam intrigued me as soon as they were introduced in the novel. As Corrie deals with grieving the loss of her husband and renovating his grandparent's home that had been left to her it becomes almost too much to handle at times. Corrie finds herself easily able to trust Eli but yet doesn't heed his warning to be wary of Aunt Trudy. Will Corrie be able to open her eyes to what God has in store for her in Saunders Creek or will her grief compel her to give up the home and land and retreat back to Dallas?

I received this book free of charge from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. What a great workout space! I don't have anything that cool. I have an elliptical in my bedroom and some free weights and a sandbag. i also have a pullup bar in the kitchen. I hope someday to have a great space in the basement.

    ps I tagged you in my blog today because you inspire me with you Wounded Warriors project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Not sure how this comment got on this post, but I bet you can guess where it should be! Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I'm a first-time visitor to your blog...nice! I think I came here from Christy's blog (she's a fitness inspiration for sure!).

    The cow in your title caught my eye (I have beef cattle in Iowa) and now you are reviewing books..I have to ask for whom? I reviewed books for Library Journal for quite a while and it was a lot of fun! (I also have an undergrad degree in An Sci).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!