Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

San Diego & Coronado

On Tuesday I drove around the area and ended up driving an hour north to San Clemente to the Rainbow Sandals outlet. I own two pairs of Rainbows which I've had for 8 and 10 years and it was time to add a third pair to my collection. We went to San Diego to a Padres games and watched them beat the Astros on Wednesday night. After sightseeing in La Jolla on Thursday afternoon we drove through Balboa Park in San Diego and then went across the bridge onto Coronado Island. Not a whole lot to say about San Diego that the pictures didn't capture so I'll let the pictures do the talking for the rest of the post.

Rainbow Sandals Outlet in San Clemente, CA
 
Sporting my Padres jersey for the game

Beautiful building in Balboa Park

Balboa Park

View of San Diego from Coronado Island

Allan playing on the beach at Coronado

It only took 8 pictures to get the jumping shot!

This palm tree lined street on Coronado Island is exactly how I envision CA
Las Flores View Point on the El Camino Real
Any other Rainbow Sandal fans out there?
Be honest: who else has taken a jumping picture before and tell me how many tries it took?

 **Don't forget that our Wounded Warrior Project Virtual Race is underway and runs through August 17. Check out the prize list and  help us support a great cause!!!

8 comments:

  1. sigh, so jealous, I need to get back out there soon. Glad you made it to the rainbow outlet, did you find any good deals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Rainbow Sandals! I'll have to google it! :0)
    Boo...the Padres beat my team! LOL (So does everyone else so I can't complain too much! Hah!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the padres play, too! And now I am going to see them this weekend in Pittsburgh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love San Diego! The only other place I would chose to live in California, other than the Bay Area, would be San Diego. Despite it's relative closeness to L.A., the people are friendly, the skies are clear, and the traffic is tame. And Coronado!!! Oh so gorg! So happy you are having such a fun summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to San Diego - so beautiful out there!

    I have no idea what Rainbow Sandals are - off to Google them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. San Diego is beautiful. I also have never heard of Rainbow Sandals and I live in CA. Never tried a jumping shot, but I think 8 tries is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Coronado!! My aunt and uncle live there, always SO fun to visit them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh goodness, i am so ready to go back now seeing all your picks! I love San Diego and Coronado and it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!