Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Paint the Streets 5K-New PR!!!

I'm a little late in posting this but recapping vacation and kicking off the virtual race has had me busy. On July 28 we ran the Paint the Streets 5K which is sponsored by Allan's company. This is our second year running this race and last year it was a very emotional experience for me. I blew my old 5K out of the water and ran from start to finish. This year I also ran start to finish and while I didn't run a sub-30 5K like I had hoped to I did set a new PR with a time of 30:24!! I suppose I will have to break 30 minutes this fall running the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run. It's a 5K so there's not much left to say about the race so here are some pictures:

Allan is ready to run

So am I

Race photo courtesy of We Run Huntsville
For the rest of the day we did what everyone in the world did: we watched the Olympics. We also got to enjoy hanging out with my sister and her Jack Russell all day.

Rachel and Blackjack

Silly Lucky

Sweet Sasha
What's your favorite thing to do on a lazy Saturday?

**Don't forget that our Wounded Warrior Project Virtual Race is underway and runs through August 17. Check out the prize list and  help us support a great cause!!!

19 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome day! Great job on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my hero, after 2 weeks vacation you still PR'ed? CHAMP!! Glad it was a good time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 5k PR! Extra point for cuteness too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching stuff on Netflix on my lazy Sundays. Netflix and a good book :D

    And congrats on the PR!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on your new PR!! That is exciting! Lazy Saturdays...reading, catching up on the DVR, hanging out by the pool....ahhh, need more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray congrats! I know for a fact that sub-30 is right around the corner for you. Looks like a fun day all around

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new PR! Celebrating with a day of Olympics sounds like bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your PR! So close to 30 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can definitely break the 30 minute 5k!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome PR! You look great!!!!! And you can totally break that soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Congrats on the PR! And in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a PR!! That's an amazing time! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new PR. I am sure you will smash 30 at the Liz Hurley! You are doing fantastic! You look super cute in your skirt btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. woot woot!!! I am positive under 30 is right around the corner but hello the PR you have now is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job on the PR! Sub 30, coming right up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the PR!! You will get sub-30 in no time! Love all of the photos, especially the ones of the dogs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!