Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, August 20, 2012

My Workout Space

There's nothing that makes me happier than everything being put away in its place and I have quite a few pieces of workout equipment that have made their home in what we call "The Auburn Room". Everything has its own area which thrills me to no end.

Foam roller and kettle bells go hand in hand right?!

If I'm going to run on the treadmill it's nice that I can look outside and see down the road or just admire the front yard. The treadmill is also right next to the air vent because once I start running it feels like the house is 80 degrees.

Treadmill and elliptical
My little TV (yes it has a VHS player) in what I call the workout corner

I also love a good workout DVD and thanks to Allan's HUGE splurge this summer I now have a glorious 60" TV in the den from which to have Jillian yell at me. As we learned over New Year's apparently our den has enough room for all our friends to do a Turbo Fire ab workout!

Sadly that's not all of my workout DVDs
I also try to keep our sports equipment in here because in our house you never know when you need to bust out the Four Square balls to play in the street with our friends. These are also some of Ali's favorite toys when she comes to visit and she stays in this room when she comes to visit.

Hand weights, volleyball, basketball, medicine ball, tennis racket, & my jump rope hangs on here too
Now this room is called "The Auburn Room" in our house so it goes without saying the bunk beds are surrounded by several of Auburn's finest such as Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, Ronnie Brown, Jason Campbell, Sen Derrick Marks, Cam Newton, Jerraud Powers, Courtney Taylor, Carlos Rogers, and Quentin Groves. We also have a Bo Jackson jersey hanging on the closet door and a sign that pretty much sums up how I feel about a city, University, and group of people that became family during my 7 years living there.

My heart really does belong to Auburn (and Allan)

One wall of pictures

Another wall of pictures above the bunk beds (ignore all the formal dresses piled on the top bunk)

The AW, BURNED article from The Oregonian is what I stare at during most of my treadmill runs
I know this may sound crazy but for someone who doesn't run with music and rarely watches a movie while running I enjoy looking at all the pictures which bring back some of the happiest memories of my life. I can remember exactly what it felt like to be in the stands for these games and run to roll Toomer's afterward. Getting lost in my thoughts helps the miles to pass quickly on the treadmill and we all know that's a good thing when you are running on the treadmill!

Do you have a workout space in your house?
What piece of equipment would you like to have that you don't? I'd like to have a bike because that's the best thing for Allan to do since he's had reconstructive ACL and meniscus surgery. He starts all his workouts by warming up on the bike.

37 comments:

  1. I love your room!!!! I have all my workout stuff in my garage, and hubby just bought me a portable a/c to put in there so it won't be so hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! That's awesome! No wonder you're so fit! My treadmill is in the guest room, which I'm sure guests hate... haha! My other stuff is strewn throughout the house - I can't wait until we're finally in a bigger home and I have a designated space for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your workout space!!! I am trying to carve one in our new house! I am thinking that since it is in the basement I'm going to need a TV to distract me while I'm on the treadmill!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun! I always love a good workout space. It's a lot more inspirational and motivational when everything is right where you need it! I have absolutely no regrets about turning our spare bedroom into a home gym. Guests can sleep on our treadmill I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both the workout space and the Auburn room! some day I hope to have both;) well...a nicely packed workout space with my favorite fitness items and also a Louisville room:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice workout space! its great having one in your home that is full of the stuff you need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty awesome workout space...does it help to keep you motivated to have it located with such easy access (ie house not gym)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. You have a treadmill AND an elliptical?! Can I move in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great room! It's my dream to have my own workout room. I would love to have a treadmill if I had the space for it:) I guess I could turn the kid's playroom into a workout room:) Hmmmm. Will have to think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look around your workout space. I love having a place for everything, too, but I'm not always so good about putting things back in their place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have some great dvds to workout to - I am jealous. I'm thinking of getting Insanity as I got a Groupon today for a great deal, so maybe. I have a treadmill in my basement, it's so much cooler down there but not much to look at - other than my TV :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day the basement will be home to most of our gym equipment. Only the treadmill is down there now because there's not much room for much else since we're refinishing the space. One day it will be done I keep telling myself! ;) I love how organized and neat you are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you know i LOVE that room. for the workouts and of course, AU!! my condo is too small to have a lot of equipment. i have handheld weights and a few bands. no room for anything else. my foam roller moves from room to room as needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the workout space. I don't have any equipment, so I guess I would have to start with a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your space. I have been thinking about a foam roller, do you like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, everything in it's place until Ali gets there :) -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great workout room! I don't have a dedicated room, but I do have a little pile of weights and equipment in the corner of my bedroom. Sometimes I'll take a few things to a different room to get in my workout.

    I love college football too. So happy it's football season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Auburn workout room! War Eagle! We use part of our garage as our workout area. Our newest addition is the trainer Brian bought me for my birthday. We put my road bike on it and it's great as an exercise bike. I love it because it's so easy to jump on and have a quick workout. No need to dress the part, I do it in PJs and flip-flops!

    I've just been catching up on your blog and holy cow you're booked all fall! I'm impressed with all your races! We're running the Huntsville half again in November, hopefully we'll see you there. The scheduling of the Monte Sano races don't really jive well with our schedule, but I'd really like to try those races out. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sooo just how many workout DVDs do you own?? =) We love having everything organized and it's place to but that just doesn't always workout for us unfortunately. Hey, did you know that Beth is an Aggie and now since the Ags are in the SEC they'll play your beloved Auburn. Plus Beth and Brent are getting married on the A&M/Auburn game day! We are trying to convince the Ags to win it as a wedding present to them! Ha =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have a workout space but certainly should because I have two empty bedrooms in my house right now. I have a treadmill but it's in the garage and I would have to bring it upstairs and that thing is super heavy! I love yours though. Very nice and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally great room! I wish I could do something like that. The room my treadmill in is also the room the kids toys are in...so I usually end up dealing with them the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to make a workout room. I have a loft upstairs that right now is an office but really it's just collecting stuff lol But I am skeptical about putting a treadmill upstairs. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's funny about new Years! We had 4 of us in our living room doing Ab Ripper X with a few others laughing at us on the couch. I don't have a workout space, yet. But, someday when the attic gets finished it'll be my space and I plan on making it a workout area.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, impressive!! My workout space is the outdoors. I think it would be awesome to have something like that inside!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that you have a dedicated area to all kinds of fitness!! Impressive DVD collection, too. For me, I don't quite have the space, so my fitness gear and tools (training sneakers, running sneakers, spinning shoes, pilates bar, garmin, fitness DVDs, gym bag, etc.etc.) tend to end up just all in the corner by my door, because I use them so often! Someday, I'll aim to have a space like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your space!! I wish we had more room. I would totally have a space dedicated to all things workout related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OHHH we used to have a space in our house, in the condo I have all my stuff in a basket in the corner...but I've already told David when we move this fall my treadmill is coming back!! I love being outside, but I also kinda dig being in my space working out when I want regardless of weather, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, my workout space is the unfinished half of the basement, much less fancy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a great space! We don't have a designated workout space but maybe when we buy a new house sometime soon we will!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So jealous of that room! We live in an apartment so we don't really have space for a designated workout room, we just sort of push stuff around if needed. I love everything in its place too - especially if someone else put us there!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that you have an Auburn room! That is true school spirit. I don't even think I have one single piece of memorabilia from my college, which kind of makes me sad. But I did find my husband there, so maybe that counts. I would love to have a treadmill for the days when getting to the gym or outside is less than desirable.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love your auburn room! most of our KY stuff is up in brad's man cave, but i also keep my workout videos and yoga mat in there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. "The Auburn Room" is a fantastic room! We have a few AU pieces we still need to put up in our apartment, but we are slightly limited on space!! For now, we are going to have some sort of AU wall collage! :) Aw, Burned article is CLASSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have a treadmill in our back room, does that count? LOL! Most of my workout stuff stays under our bed our in the TV cabinet in the living room until I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet space! I love that you can do it all without leaving your home!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is an awesome home gym you've got there! My dream is to have one when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I do have a workout space that I am currently re-organizing and de-cluttering! Thank you so much for your inspiration. I LOVE your workout room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!