Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Marathon Plan Changes & WWP Virtual Race Final Day

**Today is the last day for the Wounded Warrior Project Virtual Race! We are matching all donations made through midnight tonight and there's another $10 gift card up for grabs in addition the $50 gift card and assortment of prizes. Please this post for all the details and links! Only $125 to go until we reach our goal! Thank you all so much for your support!


Now on to my Fitness Friday post: I've gotten a lot of feedback (thank you!) about training for my first marathon and after reading all of your comments and emailing back and forth with some of you all I have decided to see how my 16-20 mile long runs go before deciding whether or not to do long runs over 20 miles. I've run 4/5 days so far this week and the only run I skipped was on a day I had a bad headache that felt like it was turning into a migraine. I'm happy to run when I don't feel great but I don't mess with my migraines. Quiet, dark, and cold rooms quickly become my haven until they go away.

This guy has run 6 miles with me this week

I hope to get in a 4-5 mile run today or tomorrow and a 9 mile run on Sunday or Monday. We are going out of town next weekend but I do plan to run on either Saturday or Sunday as well as 2-3 times during this next week. We will be at Lake Martin next weekend and it is such a beautiful place to run so I have to take advantage! That's all I've got for today so have a great weekend!

Do you have any fun plans for this weekend?

23 comments:

  1. Good plan:) Have a great weekend! I have my first tri this weekend. EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I've heard migraines are rough. Glad it didn't turn into one. Sounds like you are off to a great start! Good scenery is always so motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good plan. I have no advice on Marathon training as I have never ran that far or plan to :)

    Just made my donation! I am glad it was open long enough to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I would have definitely bailed on the run if a migraine were involved - nooooooo thanks!!

    Nothing fun planned here, we tend to wing it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love running in new places when we travel. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm running the Rock N Roll half in RI on Sunday. Good Luck reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds wise. Marathons are intense! Hope you reach your goal on the virtual run- I would have joined, but am slowly coming back from shin pain and didn't know if I'd be up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart plan. When I coach I rarely have my runners go over 20 miles in training unless they feel the strong need to and have many marathons behind them. I will do a 22 mile and only because I love the long run :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pass on runs when I feel a migraine starting too - dark rooms only! Sounds like a good plan for your long runs. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you are planning it all out and playing it smart. Have a great weekend out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you got out for your run and your pup did as well!!! This weekend I have a 14 miler and a 5 miler on target. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your headache didn't get worse. Running at the lake sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Migraines are just awful. Just sneezing is like a death with.
    Great running week & just look at how cute that furry face is! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ick on migraines - my husband gets them and they are awful! I have no good advice for you on marathon training since I'm in the middle of training for my first one! I'm interested to see how it works out for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a very logical plan--good luck! Sorry about the migraine. Those suck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck in your training Suz! I hope one day to train for a marathon but I am still unsure. My plan is to start running longer runs and see how I like it first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are right on about not messing with migraines. Those things are bad!
    I hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your plan! If the first doesn't go well, don't scrap a marathon completely. Take a couple weeks off of a long run in that range and then try another! Think about it and what you can do to make the next one better. Though that won't happen- the first 16-20 miler will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Sounds like a great plan, we won't be running over 20 miles this time but probably will next time. You will do great no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that picture of your dog! He looks like he'd be a great running partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think its great you are adjusting things how you need too, that is the key to not getting over or under whelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing to know of your running partner!1 I like the pic of your dog, do take care of your migraines. Wish you luck!

    http://healthyaction.com.au/tribulus.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!