Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Liebster Award

The lovely Elle over at Eat Run Sail tagged our blog for the Liebster Award. Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.  There are rules that I'm supposed to abide by but I'm not much of a rule follower when it comes to blog awards (forgive me Elle) so instead I'll just answer the 11 questions Elle listed for us.

1. What is your favorite season? Why?
It's a toss up between spring and fall and with football season in the fall, fall barely edges spring out.

2. What is the most exotic place you've visited?
Bahamas!!!

Is this not gorgeous?!

3. Do you have pets? What kind?
We have two labs Lucky and Sasha. Lucky is mine and he's a full blooded registered lab and Sasha is Allan's and she is a lab/border collie mix.


4. What is your favorite way to unwind?
If I were to answer for Allan on this one it would be video games without a doubt. For me, I'd probably have to say playing with the dogs. It's hard to worry about anything and be stressed when you look into their big brown eyes.

5. Do you have any food issues? Special dietary needs?
Just an allergy to mushrooms!

6. Favorite snack?
This tends to change and right now it's a peach or apple.

7. Favorite flowers?
 Red roses

8. Have you met any other bloggers?
 I've been very fortunate to have met Vanessa, Jenny, and Elizabeth in Atlanta for the Publix GA Half Marathon and I met Christine when we were in Boston last month. I'm looking forward to meeting Beth in September and hopefully some other bloggers at the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville.

Jenny, myself, Elizabeth

9. Do your real life friends and family members read your blog? Do they know about it?
Our family knows about our blog as do our close friends but I've never posted my blog address on my personal facebook page. Several of our family members and friends read our blog (shame on them for rarely commenting!).

10. How do you celebrate your birthday?
 My family always has a cake and presents for me but with my birthday being on December 21 it's rare that I do anything with my friends to celebrate.

11. What motivates you to exercise and eat well? Vanity? Health? Performance?
This may sound cliche but honestly I strive to be the best me that I can be and exercise and eating well help contribute to that. 

Do you have anything random about yourself you would like to share?

**Don't forget that our Wounded Warrior Project Virtual Race is underway and runs through August 17. Check out the prize list and  help us support a great cause!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of a mushroom allergy, interesting! Oh, and maybe I'll see you at the WHM in Nashville, yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should do a meetup in Nasbille for WHM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love learning new things :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun... and thanks for participating. You are SUCH a rebel! Loved getting to know you a bit better and you do know that I am always up for some doggy pictures... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mushrooms, I don't know what I would do if I was allergic to them. However, I am allergic to tomatoes and pineapple (two things I used to LOVE as a kid).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Your blog is "liebster" to me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nashville is going to be awesome! I have never heard of a mushroom allergy before, but I feel like mushrooms are in a lot of sauces, so that must be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shot of the Bahamas looks great! So peaceful. I would love to be there right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!