Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fall Race Calendar

First things first, the winner of the $10 Starbucks gift card is...Jen!! Thank you all so much for your support. We are so close to being halfway to reaching our goal!

**Don't forget that our Wounded Warrior Project Virtual Race is going on until this Friday. There are lots of great prizes available and you don't have to run in order to participate. If you aren't able to donate please help spread the word to support such a worthy cause.

Some of the prizes up for grabs!
Now on to my Fall Race Calendar:
Hopefully Liz Hurley will bring PR's for both of us again this year

I've registered for everything but The Biggest Loser Half so that leaves 5 open weekends until my marathon and one of those is our annual football game reunion weekend with many of our college friends but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I won't miss any of my Auburn football games and I shouldn't miss watching any of my NFL Fantasy Football player's games either.  Running and football is what fall is all about, right?! Well, that and pumpkin spice lattes, cooler weather, and the holidays. 

Just in case you'd like to make a trip to Huntsville, AL, for the half or full this might help sway you. For the Huntsville Half the cost is only $26 until August 15 and $36 until October 1. You receive a long sleeve finisher's tech shirt, a medal, and there are even door prizes! Rocket City Marathon is $60 until August 31 and $75 until September 30. Both are great deals in my opinion!

Melissa, myself,  & Allan after Huntsville Half last year (my first half!) Photo courtesy of We Run Huntsville
For the Talladega Half Marathon I am traveling with 3wheel Athletics and you can too if you are interested in participating in that half. They will handle everything from registering you for the race, race day transportation, and hotels if you wish to stay overnight.

3wheel Athletics
The Official Travel Provider of the Talladega 21000 Half Marathon

3wheel Athletics is proud to be the official travel provider of the Talladega 21000 Half Marathon.  The 3wheel team has assembled packages that will help you get a full-on Dega experience.  You can stay around the corner from the Speedway, inside it in an RV or take a shuttle straight to our VIP tent on race morning.  Anyone staying overnight will also have the opportunity to attend a private reception with running legend Bill Rodgers and even drive a stock car 180 mph around the world’s fastest track.  Boogity Boogity!

You can check out all that 3wheel as to offer for this event at 3wheelathletics.com or Talladegahalfmarathon.com.

Keep an eye out for 3wheel, as there will be much more coming down the pipeline soon!  You can follow 3wheel on Twitter @3wheelAthletics or find them on Facebook. 

Are you running any of these races this fall? Who wants to come stay with Allan and I for the Huntsville Half or Rocket City? We will let you stay in the "West Wing" and will even cook for you.

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You are hardcore with that race schedule!!! You make me look lazy! :) & yay for me! I love Starbucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jen on winning the Starbucks gift card!

    Your fall schedule is jam-packed! We only have registered for races up to our half marathon in Cape Cod at the end of October. I need to work on finding at least one race in November and register us for the race we know we are running in December. Someday I will come run a race near you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have race schedule envy!!

    I am thinking about running Talladega as a supported training run but am not sure yet. I'll be in AU for the 1st home game (which is an 11:21 kick off) but don't know about the realistic logistics of getting back, being rested, etc.

    I am running Wine and Dine with college friend on 11/10 or I would seriously be considering driving up for the half. I have very dear family friends that live in Madison and love a good excuse to spend time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruben Studdard has a 1/2 marathon? LOL Anyhow, they all look like fun races and also looks like you're having a VERY busy fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a great race schedule! Nice work:) I am only registered for 3 races so far before the end of the year. I need to register for a couple more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww! it looks like you have some awesome and fun races planned!! i am super jealous:) and definitely also looking forward to football season! i looooove football!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer girl! Looks like a full and fun Fall!! It is of course all about the running, football, and food!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn girl you are going to be BUSY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's quite a hefty race schedule. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a lot of races. You are even doing a half and a 5K on the same day? I feel like a lazy girl now. Have fun and I think it is great that you are taking all of these races on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot WAIT until football starts. Yay!!
    Great fall race schedule! Maybe I can convince P that I need another trip down South this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Moly! Your fall race scheduled is packed! I was just sitting down yesterday to see what races I wanted to run for the rest of the year. I know I am running another half marathon in November and there may be one in October too but they haven't posted the scheduled yet. Other than that it will be 5k here or 10k there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one PACKED calendar! So FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's see...I've done the Monte Sano 15K twice and the Jingle Bell 5k 4 times and the Rocket City once. Reading this post brought back some really great memories :). Good luck with all your races, sounds like the perfect set up for the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh so many fun races!!! Can't wait to hear about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo many races!! Gotta make up for hot summers with weekend free races! Look forward to hearing about them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg! i obviously read the posts in order so i am just now seeing your calendar. i’m kinda bummed about missing the actual AU UGA game, but, it’s only one year. your calendar is insane. i have some other obligations (bdays, baby showers, etc) that are limiting my schedule. my post to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's a jam packed race schedule!! Good luck. If all the races around here were such great deals, I'd be racing every weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that is a a lot of races! I would love to come run Huntsville with you...I wonder if that is doable for me. Let's keep it open! I still don't have a Nov Half!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, that makes me want to sign up for Ruben and Rocket City!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!