Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to Back Family Weekends

For the past two weekends we have spent a lot of time with family and although we've lost several hours of sleep these were weekends we wouldn't trade for anything. We met our newest niece that was born in March and Allan's mom says she holds her arms and legs in really close like Allan did when he was a baby.

Allan & our newest niece

One of the best moments of the first weekend happened when we walked in the door to surprise everyone at Allan's mom's house. Ali saw Allan and took off running so he could scoop her up and hold her. That girl's entire face lights up when Allan plays with her and it melts my heart every time I see it.

She loves books even if it's one of Allan's books for work

This past weekend Adam, Jodi, and Ali stayed with us for a few days and we cooked, spent as much time outside as possible, took their new jogging stroller for a spin around the neighborhood, played mini golf, and traded off pushing Ali in her new swing at our house. The best moment of the entire weekend for me was when I was holding Ali and she petted Sasha and Lucky. Sasha loves small children and is great with them so petting her is no big deal. Lucky is fine with children as long as they don't scream. If they scream he barks and/or growls and gets scared. I kept telling Ali to be quiet when we would go see the dogs either in their room or outside and she did a great time looking and not making noise. When she petted Lucky and he wagged his tail I was overjoyed. I can't wait for the day she can run around in the backyard playing with them!

Ali loving her swing

Kabobs

Teaching her to love TJ Maxx at an early age is crucial

Ali wasn't feeling mini golf but she made it through all 18 holes

Dinner on Saturday night

How often do you see your family and what do you guys normally do when you get together?

16 comments:

  1. Love all the photos and family time!!! I think family time is sooooo important and I'm so blessed to be near my family again. We see my Grandma at least once a week, and I see my Uncle(s) & Cousin(s) 1+ times a week as well. Even if it's just meeting up at a Farmer's Market or Cafe, the time spent together is so special:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE family time, you're right, wouldn't trade quality family time for anything. I miss my family, I haven't been able to escape town to visit them up in Arlington VA...but I'm headed up there this weekend, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable! It made me miss mine! I'll see four of them for a whole week in Virginia next week! My youngest (2 and 4) live in CA; cherish the time you have with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, my original mention didn't post! :-/ We love family time and both are fortunate enough to have most of our immediate family right here in the same metroplex as us. We both pretty much have regular family get togethers but one of us has some that tend to be - hey dinner in two hours for so & so's {fill in reason to celebrate} type family get togethers. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! My family lives within 30 minutes so we see them pretty often. Sometimes I wish we lived further away. Shhh, don't tell:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS! i don't see my family...especially my extended family nearly enough but when I do I love to make the most of every second! it looks like you all enjoyed the most perfect and special time together! and the lil ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We live about 17 minutes from my parents and 25 from my brother, sister-in-law and the 2 cutest nephews ever, we see them usually once a week. We've camped with them twice this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for so much family time! Love all of the photos. My parents live about 5 blocks away which is kinda too close and my in-laws are 2 hours away which is kinda too far. I'm really never satisfied. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post and the pictures. - Adam

    ReplyDelete
  10. My nephew just left after a week here and it was the best. I absolutely love being the aunt. Looks like you had amazing family time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't see my family very often as we all live spread across Canada and the U.S. so it is very special when some of us do manage to get together.

    Your pictures are adorable and of course I am so happy that Sasha and Lucky are kid friendly AND that you are teaching the kids how to be around the dogs, too.

    Win win and everyone is happy... and yes, little girls gotta learn how to shop a bargain. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like Ali likes to do what the twins like to do at TJ Maxx -- rip everything off the racks! They have to occupy their little hands somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what great family time! ali's face on the swing is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your Saturday night dinner looks good! Is that steak AND salmon!? It must have been a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like lots of great family time! I love that Ali was good with Sasha and Lucky.

    We see Mike's family more often since they are only 3 hours away, but my parents are 10 hours away so we don't see them very often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!