Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Yarrrmouth

Saturday was Austin's birthday and to celebrate we played some miniature golf at Pirate's Cove in Yarmouth before chowing down with his family and friends. Now imagine Allan talking in a pirate voice while you read this post and you'll have a little glimpse of what Austin and I had to laugh about all day. Honestly the pictures tell the story of mini golf quite nicely minus the fact that Austin killed us and Allan pulled ahead of me in the last two holes to put me in last so I'll let the pictures do the talking!

Boys being boys

This is where Allan realized that I keep doing a toe point in my pictures-not sure when I started doing that

Making par

Every pirate has to have a good pirate ship

Birthday boy AKA Austin preparing to dominate us

Allan in the cave

Showing off my fabulous putting skills

Allan spent a good couple of minutes staring in here looking for pirates

Leave it to me to appreciate the flowers along the course

Allan laying, yes laying, on the ground begging me to take his picture

Allan's best pirate pose
Do you play miniature golf when you are on vacation?

Mini golf is one of our few vacation traditions. I always played with my family on the few vacations we took and Allan and I have played together countless times when we traveled to new places. We are not one of those couples who can just play for fun and not keep score. We get competitive and usually play for something such as winner's choice for dinner.

16 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition:) Love the toe point pose:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I just took the kids mini golfing last week. It's not something we do often but it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about showing off your fabulous putting skills, showing off some fabulous pins I think! Looking good girl, that weight loss challenge must already be paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I love the toe point, it can be your new signature pose :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like fun! I do the toe point too! Why is that? I am glad you guys are having fun. I like mini golf, but don't get around to it very often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! I love the pirate ship. I haven't done mini golf for years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the grave picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pirates Cove, there is one near where I grew up! Mike and I try to go every year but sometimes we don't. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pirates! We have the Pirate Cruise here, where you ride around the harbor on a ship manned by "pirates" - for the kids during the day, and adults at night. Best thing ever. Ok I just have to say....where are you losing these 26 pounds from? Unless you are cutting off an arm, I don't see it. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have not played minature golf in years!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mini golf! That looks like a great course. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been forever since I've played miniature golf! Glad you're having a good trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Allan's pose pretending not to have a leg! -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have nice legs!
    And that toe-pointing ... it makes your legs look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the coolest mini-golf EVER!!! The only "neat"-ish thing I've seen at mini-golf was at the finish of one they had a bunch of baby gators. But they were contained, so the thrill of being eaten alive wasn't exactly there!

    The toe point is important! Keep doing it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!