Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, July 20, 2012

We're Going to be an Aunt & Uncle Again!

I am absolutely horrible at keeping good news a secret. Tell me your deepest, darkest secret and I'll carry it to my grave but tell me you're pregnant and I'll be bursting at the seams to tell everyone I know! 5 weeks ago my sister and her husband facetimed us while my parents were there visiting to share the good news that they would be having their first child and my parent's first grandchild in January. To say that everyone is excited is an understatement. Above all the titles we have as children, spouses, siblings, cousins, etc. the ones we cherish  most are Uncle Allan & Aunt Suz.

Waking up Uncle Allan is always encouraged!

We take our job very seriously and while we spoil them like crazy with presents and new clothes and toys we expect good behavior and respect for authority and we firmly believe that starts at an early age. Our little niece Ali is already so good at minding not only her parents but also Allan and I and she understands both Spanish and English! Right now we have 3 nieces and 2 nephews so perhaps Rachel and her husband will even the count at 3 and 3. The baby will get their first gift from us when Rachel comes to visit this next week but I'll go ahead and share it with you guys!

It plays the Air Force song!

Next week I'll share all about our CA adventures. This weekend will be filled with traveling home and lots of snuggling with the dogs. We know they have been well taken care of and haven't forgotten us because my dad has been busy talking to them every day and telling them how soon we would be back. It's no secret where my love of animals came from! Have a great weekend and I'll do my best catching up on your blogs in the airports today and at the start of next week!

Mt Soledad Memorial in CA-the most moving memorial I've seen

Do you have nieces and nephews?

23 comments:

  1. Congrats! SO exciting:) I have 3 nephews 15, 13, and 9. No more babies in our family:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 adorable nephews. That's all we're going to have I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats (and thanks for the comment on my blog)! My first niece is due this September and I am incredibly excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!! Babies are so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Very exciting!! I have two nieces (7,10) and two nephews (1,20)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your excitement is just adorable! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I'm an only child. I have honorary nieces that are the daughters of my life long friend. But that's it. This means my pets are REALLY spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!!! I'm an aunt 12 times over...yes, that's 12...and I can't help but love each one of them immensely. It's so special. As of now, this is it for my family until my own kids come along, so I'm enjoying living vicariously through my siblings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! I have 2 nieces and a nephew and it's fun to be aunt.

    Safe traveling home! Enjoy your puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very exciting!!!! I have two of each!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That's wonderful news! Our first nephew is due in 9 days, not that I'm counting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so exciting! I get so excited when one of my girlfriends announces they are pregnant, it's so huge in our group! I can't wait to have some children of mine own one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wohoo! congrats on becoming Aunts & Uncles again! (also, I am very excited that you made it to Mt. Soledad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Very exciting! I'm not an Aunt yet and I probably won't be for awhile, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bear is adorable!! Congrats!! We have 3 nephews & 3 nieces and I think everyone is done. At least it's evened out! ;) I think my OCD would bother me if it was off. lol Kinda like the microwave, right?! <3 Can't wait to hear about your Cali trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had fun on your trips! We have about 50 nieces and nephews (probably more, but I have lost count)! It's so fun for the kids to have tons of cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats! Nephews and nieces are the best. In fact, I went running with my 16 year old nephew this morning! LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh that is awesome!! when its your sister I bet it makes it even more fun! congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally agree with you that you have to teach the little ones respect and authority from a young age.
    I only have one brother, and he and his wife aren't trying for a baby just yet.
    My boyfriend has a few nephews and a niece, but since we aren't married, they aren't my nephews/neice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!