Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Marathon Monday On Vacation

Happy Monday everyone! Right now I should be on a plane from Boston to New York and then New York to San Diego but I'm not. Our flight was overbooked and when they asked for a couple of volunteers to change their plans in exchange for a $300 flight voucher I all but leapt out of my seat. So instead I'll fly through Dallas and I don't leave for another couple of hours. I get into San Diego 3 hours later but at this rate after traveling across the country in a day I figured a few hours won't kill me. And now it's showing my flight out of Boston is delayed and I'll miss my connection in Dallas. I should have kept my big mouth closed! Pray I make it to San Diego at some point today!



Back on topic, today is Monday and since I didn't check in last Monday about my Marathon Monday progress I figured I better get to it today. Last Monday and today I had to weigh in on a different scale which doesn't measure tenths and I don't know how far off it is from my scale at home. Last Monday it showed a 2 lb gain and today it showed a 2 lb loss. I'm hoping it's off a few lbs from my scale at home! This week I plan to have another great week. I've only gone over my calorie limit a few times while on vacation and I'm pretty sure I logged more miles in Boston running than all month I was at home in June!


Finding a balance between treating myself on vacation, making time to run, and just saying no to high calorie foods that I know would be delicious but just aren't worth it has been crucial. I have had a few cokes which have been delicious and worth every calorie but mostly I've been drinking lots of water, carrying my Larabars, Luna bars, and Clif Bars with me, and planned each meal wisely. Let's hope this week goes just as well and the scale is very kind to me next Monday!

Do you find it difficult to eat right and exercise while on vacation?

21 comments:

  1. Good for you! Eating on the road is definitely a challenge, but it sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to get the chance to change a flight....good luck on your connection! I do find it hard to eat right on vacation but it sounds like you have been really active and have planned well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before Chad and I had kids we always took airlines up on their offer to change flights. Saved money for more traveling! Eating on vacation is def a challenge. Sounds like you balanced it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hope they will give me offers like that, but they never do. I'd love it!
    Good luck this week, I too am trying to lose a marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can definitely be tough to manage what you eat while on vacation.

    Hope you made your connection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to be honest I have never exercised on vacation. That is so sad to say. But I really want to try to make more of an effort. So when the girls and I go to Tybee at the end of the month, Carla and I are going to both bring our running shoes and try to run a couple of days. Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go with being so healthy on vacation! I find it super hard to eat decent on vacation unless I am with my sister. She is a crazy good eater, so it's easy to just follow her lead when I'm with her. Otherwise, it's splurge city, and since I don't have a babysitter readily available, I miss workouts. So I'm impressed by anyone who can keep it together on vacay! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! Hope you end up where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you made it home today!!!
    Losing weight while on vacation!! NOW thats impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to run when I'm on vacation. Eating right is a challenge, though. Sometimes even a piece of fruit can be hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous on the voucher! They offered those when I went but I was traveling for work and couldn't do it. With family in another state it would have been great!

    Amazing job! I get into a major vacation mentality and eat enough calories for a 400 lb man. It usually extends until I'm home for like a week too. I could learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have any problems running while on vacation but I have a hard time eating perfectly (heck, I have a hard time doing that at home, too)...just too much temptation when you're at a restaurant. I don't own a lot of willpower with food.

    Hope you made it to San Diego eventually. Nice score on the $300 voucher!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Traveling has become such a nightmare. To think it used to be a luxury makes me laugh -- cry actually!

    Hoping you make it/made it -- it'll be worth it once you're there:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you made it and enjoy your trip:)

    I think you are doing so fantastic! I admire your ability to find a balance on your vacation...keep it up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you made it there safely, have a great time!

    Good job keeping up with healthy eating while on vacation, but also enjoying a few indulgences here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep up the good work in eating healthy while on vacation. It's definitely challenging. Drinking enough water is always a challenge for me when traveling.

    I hope you make the rest of your flights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you made your flight! Enjoy that voucher, though! Do you have big plans for it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love taking offers like that when flying except when the kids are with us!! You are doing great even if the scales are off!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope the travel wasn’t too bad!! and smart for the voucher. never done it but been so tempted. and SUPER impressed you’ve stuck with the diet. i really struggle with that on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good job! It's hard to stay active while on vacation! That's great that you got the voucher too. I always volunteer but never get picked! I hope you are having fun in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!