Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Zensah Compression Socks Review

This review has been a long time coming but I wanted to wait until I had pain in my legs or feet to be able to use these and see how they helped me. Compression socks or sleeves after a half marathon have been a necessity for me this spring as I ran 8 half marathons in 4 months so I could already attest to the relief they provide after a long run. 

Lovely shot of my legs

Earlier in the week during a run with Lucky I started having a sharp pain shoot through my foot. I immediately stopped running and started to walk the short distance back home. The pain lingered throughout the day so that evening I pulled on my Zensah compression socks and within a couple of hours there was no more pain in my foot and the next morning I woke up pain free as well.

They have a nice L and R so you know which foot goes in which sock
While this is only one instance in which I used these rest assured that they are a staple in my running wardrobe as I train for my first marathon this December. So far I have only used my compression socks for recovery but I will wear them for my next long run on the indoor track since running on the concrete and making several turns puts a little more strain on my legs.

I wanted to show how high they come up on my legs so you get another lovely shot of my legs

All in all I highly recommend these athletic compression socks. If you'd like to read more about them feel free to click on the image below or visit their website. At $50 a pair I would say they are right on par as far as price is concerned and in my opinion it's well worth the money! As a side note, Allan has worn Zensah compression socks underneath his soccer socks for all of his soccer games this year and the calf pain he had last year has not come back this year. He won't play a soccer game without his Zensah compression socks now!

Little more info for those who want to know the nitty gritty facts about Zensah's compression socks
I was provided a pair of Zensah compression socks by Zensah in exchange for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. Nice review. I have never worn compression socks actually running, only for recovery. But I am going to start.

    Love the new look! Very swell. But I kinda miss the beautiful pink flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your input, I have been thinking about compression socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I've been having some ankle stuff going on and have been constipating if I should invest in some compression socks. So your review has really helped. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review! i've had a pair of zensah's that i have only used for recovery. i just got a pair of procompression but i haven't tried them yet. i would like to try to do my longer runs in them, they'd probably help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried compression socks, but always wondered what other people thought about them. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two pair of Zensah an really like them. I almost always pick them for my recovery after long runs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are my favorite!! i have several pair of socks and sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love compression socks! I have a pair of Zensah too and I love them! I like wearing them on training runs or during races, as well as, for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear that they work well. I have not tried that brand yet, so will keep it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just started looking into compression socks/sleeves and researching the benefits. Zensah is on my list as one brand to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review! I truly believe in compression!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review - very nice, really well done. Love my compression socks. I’m a big fan of compression socks, I’ve only used them for recovery and during workouts – sometimes I even sleep in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!