Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bo Bikes Bama

In the past month I've had the opportunity to attend a couple of events in our area that important to the Auburn family. Bo Bikes Bama took place in April over the course of a week during which Bo Jackson (Auburn football player, Heisman winner) biked across Alabama to raise money for the Governor's Emergency Relief Fund and raised over $500,000. A friend of ours from college rode from Guntersville to Cullman so I volunteered to drop him off.



As soon as I parked I saw someone who I would have sworn was Scottie Pippen. A few minutes later I found myself standing in front of Ken Griffey Jr. and all I could think was that Allan has his rookie card and I could be getting it signed.

I felt so short next to Scottie Pippen
Bo spoke for a few minutes and then they headed off but not before I took a couple of photos!

Getting ready to ride-Bo Jackson is in the center of the photo

Our friend who rode from Guntersville to Cullman
Any bike riders out there?
**I ride Allan's bike every now and then but there's no way I could have biked 50 miles in a day.

17 comments:

  1. we have mountain bikes that we love to ride but we're still getting used to them, bike seats are not forgiving!

    brad would have loved to meet ken griffey jr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love biking - haven't done it in two weeks and I am going through withdrawal! Cool celebrity sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! Not a huge biker but it always looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love biking - on my mountain bike. I am so afraid of road cycling but I'd like to try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I enjoy a bike ride, but really look like an amateur. I don't usually care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I have had "the injury"....biking has become more important to me. I do enjoy it, and one thing I really like is the distance you can cover in a day in comparison to running.
    Scottie Pippen?! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I'd like to become a cyclist but currently only own a mountain bike, so I don't usually bike all that far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a biker, but I have a friend who rides the AIDS ride from San Francisco to LA every year. I think they bike about 100 miles a day! It's crazy! But I would like to do one of those rides someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! I love biking. I have a 62 miler coming up in September! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWWWWW!!!! so cool! i am not really a biker but would like to try it once I move. There are apparently a lot of good bike paths in MN so I am excited to give it a try:) but ummm seriously so cool that you got to see all those awesome athletes! and your friend sounds amazing! what an awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! What a great event:) I have just started riding within the last couple of months and I love it. I am thinking about doing a century ride of some sort. Would be fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i had no idea you got to see this! how cool! if i rode a bike i would’ve been in…too bad he didn’t “run bama” instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I saw the story about this on ESPN :) I'm VERY jealous you saw Ken Griffey Jr.!! I have his baseball card!

    We are becoming cyclists (for triathlons) but I would love to do a bike-only event someday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! And so jealous you got to me Scottie Pippen - I was a huge Bulls fan back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is awesome! If you felt short I wonder how I would have felt? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!
    I can't even tell you how much my jaw just dropped. SCOTTIE PIPPEN AND BO JACKSON??? This is like my junior high dream all wrapped up in one event!!! You're so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!