Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Anniversary Gifts

I had hoped to do a vlog for today's post about what we had leaned in our first three years of marriage but I'm not home until late tonight so that will have to wait until tomorrow. I am going to take a minute and brag on Allan for being an excellent gift getter. He may not always say what he thinks or feels but he always finds a great card and an absolutely amazing present to remind me how lucky I am to have him. Three years ago after we got married we went on our honeymoon to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, FL, and I stepped into Neiman Marcus for the first time and made my way to the shoes. I slipped my feet into a pair of Manolo Blahniks and fell in love. They were orange and fit like a glove! They were on clearance at the time but I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of shoes. One year later for our first anniversary these shoes made their way into my life and they are the crown jewel of my shoe collection!

Absolutely gorgeous!
Allan set the bar pretty high giving me these shoes and last year when I took my jewelry to get cleaned in February I fell in love with a pearl ring. This is one of the only pieces of jewelry I've picked out for myself and unfortunately by the time our anniversary arrived last May I had lost all of my jewelry except for my diamond studs and wedding rings. Luckily my best friend found them in my library (don't ask because I have no idea how they winded up in the chair in there!) over New Year's so lately I've been wearing my pearl ring that was supposed to be my second anniversary present. It's one of those pieces of jewelry that once you put it on you know instantly that it was made for you. I realize how cliche that sounds but I swear it's true with this ring.

I'm normally not big on rings with thicker bands but I loved the intricate detail in this one
Last Friday as Allan and I sat in the hotel with our laptops I showed him an email I had gotten about a Soleus watch and Spibelt combo deal. I'm all about a good deal so I hopped online to research the watch and stumbled upon this blog's review. That review pretty much sealed the deal for me that I would be getting this watch. The fact that I get a Spibelt too is a bonus since I already love my Spiband! Allan told me to buy it so I'm guessing this is my anniversary gift. This watch will be put to good use this summer as I focus on more speed work. I realize I've committed a cardinal sin in the running world by not getting a Garmin but the review I read did a great job comparing features of this watch to that of a lower end Garmin and I think for me this watch will be perfect. Once I've had time to use it for awhile I'll be sure to post a review on the blog.

Super excited to test this out!
I don't bring up these presents as evidence that Allan loves me. It's the things that you can't wrap in a package or put a price tag on that show me how he feels day after day.
  • driving for hours to a small town to watch me run a half while you sweat to death waiting for me to finally finish
  • hitting the clear button on the microwave when there's extra time left because you know it will drive me nuts if you don't
  • tucking me in at nighttime since I have the bedtime of an old lady
  • never leaving the toilet seat up
  • your devotion to God, country, family, and friends
  • loving Sasha and Lucky almost as much as I do
  • encouraging my independence 
  • always... (this is an inside thing between Allan and I with regards to forgiveness which is ALWAYS freely given without question)

The day we got engaged-4/21/08
Here's to many more years together Allan! I love you Punkin! Fingers crossed that we get to do a vlog which I promise will have cute wedding pictures.

26 comments:

  1. Ahh, Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
    Love the shoes and the ring is beautiful. I too am committing the running sin of not having a garmin. Maybe sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you crazy kids! Love the shoes and the ring is divine! Great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! Hope it is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on the new watch! I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary!! love this post. it’s so true about the “showing” how he loves you. i feel very much in the same boat. P shows me all the time, and he’s a really good gift giver-i think because he knows me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!! What a great post :) You have a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary!!! What a great guy you have who knows shoes so well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I love never lever the toilet seat up, great trait in a man :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh! love this! Happy Anniversary! such thoughtful gifts!and love always reading about how much you all truly enjoy/care for/love each other! have a wonderful Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Y'all are so cute! I love the shoes!
    Oh and I also hate when P doesn't clear the time off the microwave!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ps-If M ever bought me a pair of Manolos I'd DIE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you two are so sweet - happy anniversary!!!! We have our three year anniversary coming up in July :) And I think Alan should have a chat with Brian about buying gifts - he is REALLY good at spoiling you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! Happy anniversary! And banging shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! And that ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to hear how that GPS works for you! I love my Garmin, but when it dies, who knows what I will get next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww Happy Anniversary! Yall are so cute! Great shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy anniversary!! hope the watch works well for you! love those shoes and the ring, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww you two are too cute!!! major props to allan for gift giving! hope you all have a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary to the cutest couple! I love your story and your dedication to your lives together along with your puppers.

    Will look forward to your vlog and that is saying a lot for me cause I don't normally like them! Yours I will love.

    Here is to 103 more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am drooling over those shoes. I am a shoe freak as well!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know I'm late but Happy Anniversary!!

    You two are very blessed to have each other =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary!! I LOVE that ring!! My husband gave me a pearl for our 20th anniversary. A few years later the pearl came out and now it lays in my jewlery box. This makes me want to get it repaired!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm late - but have been really wanting to wish you a Happy Anniversary!!! What a wonderful celebration it looks to have been.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!