Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Team A.L.I. Virtual Run-March of Dimes

As a little girl I remember my mother telling me the story of her premature birth and being placed in a shoebox in front of the fireplace the night of her birth (at home) with no one expecting her to still be alive the next day. My mother was a fighter and her will to live ultimately won out despite the lack of medical technology available at the time for babies born prematurely.

In October 2010 another premature miracle entered our lives in the form of our niece Ali who weighed in at 2 lbs and 6 oz. You can read the story of her birth here on Adam and Jodi's blog. It's truly remarkable to look at her now and try to remember how tiny and fragile she once was. She's growing into a beautiful little girl who loves doggies and has her Uncle Allan wrapped around her little finger. Not long after Ali's birth we found out our sweet friend Jenn is also a miracle baby and you can read her story here.

Sweet Ali just after she was born
Last year Adam and Jodi started Team A.L.I. (Amazing Little Infants) and walked for March of Dimes. This year on April 28 they will be walking in Birmingham with other family and I will be running Music City Half in Nashville. That race will be dedicated to my mom, Ali, Jenn, and all the other miracle babies that have been born and have yet to be born. As part of their fundraising efforts Adam and Jodi are offering up a $50 Visa giftcard to one person who donates to Team ALI. Basically for every $5 you donate you earn an entry into their giveaway.

Isn't she precious?!
We are also going to offer a $50 Visa gift card with the same rules as Adam and Jodi. You receive one entry for every $5 you donate here. I'll receive an email letting me know you've donated so there's no need to comment letting us know and there's no need to donate on Adam's page and mine-it all goes to Team ALI and March of Dimes.  This means if you donate to Team ALI you have a chance to win not one but TWO $50 Visa giftcards!!!


Alright now for all of you runners or walkers who'd love to donate and walk/run we are doing a virtual run as well. Anytime between now and April 28 please donate at least $5 and dedicate a walk/run of any length to Team ALI. There will be separate prizes for the virtual run which will be revealed in an upcoming post (this one is already getting too long!) along with prize categories. If you are going to donate and run let us know in a comment or email so we can keep track of everyone running or walking.

***Just to be sure everyone is on the same page here. You can donate once and be eligible to win the $50 VISA giftcard from Adam & Jodi as well as the one from us and if you run then you will receive an entry into the virtual run as well so that's one donation (at least $5) for chances to possibly win $100 in VISA giftcards and one of the virtual run prizes!!!






Feel free to snag this photo and put it on your blog but please link back to this post. Obviously this is something that we really want to get the word out on so you will receive additional entries into the virtual run giveaway for sharing this via your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. Just be sure to let us know the ways you shared. You can leave everything in one comment if you'd like because I'll be keeping up with everything in a spreadsheet. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Stay tuned for more info on prizes!

28 comments:

  1. She certainly is precious. How nice that you are supporting this worthwhile cause that has touched your family and friends so closely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little angel! And it is just a miracle what medicine is available for premature babies now that they didn't have in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful and what an amazing cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so beautiful! is that really true about your mom? what a miracle!! i think it's wonderful that you guys are doing this! i posted the button on my blog sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great cause! Good for you for raising awareness!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your niece is too adorable for words. That's an amazing story about your mother! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cause to run for! Amazing story of your mom's life and her will to fight and live at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. March of Dimes is close to my heart because they help mothers never go through what I had to go through. I am so happy you niece is doing so well and you all are participating in MOD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome cause! Very inspirational. You're awesome. Thanks for always leaving the best/sweetest comments on my blog. It makes my day! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great cause! Your niece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad u liked the blog! love this post! Great cause and takes a lot to get behind this things more then donate a $1! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did a March of Dimes 5k last spring and it was a great experience, and kind of an introduction to me of what the organization does. Your niece is amazing, and I am so incredibly thankful for how far medical knowledge/capacity has come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, this is such a great cause! I truly hope you raise enough money, she is so precious :). I love your blog! I have finally found a blog that has integrated both books and fun- YAY! Haha, I also LOVE your blog title ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWWWW I love this cause and her name - and so of course I'll be supporting it :) I'm on my way out of the house right now but you can bet I'll put that button up on my blog. :) I won't lie though, it kinda makes me sad just looking at it :( poor girl

    PS: I can't believe your mom was in a shoebox in front of the fire - now that is a story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great cause and a fascinating story about your mother. Happy to support you and I hope you are able to raise a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cause! I'm really amazed at the medical technology of today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how a fragile little babe can grow up to be such a big girl. The medical advances are incredible. I'm in! (How did I miss this before?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I linked this up on my twitter! and count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in for the virtual race. I also shared this on facebook, twitter, and on my sidebar on my blog! Such a sweet story, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!??!!?

    I love it & love you, girl!!

    I am donating AND running!!

    So pumped -- the button is already up on my blog & I'm going to spread the word -- sorry I'm so late in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm an idiot, i'm totally running for ALI and i apparently just failed to mention it, sorry Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in for the virtual run/walk for Ali. I run for my niece Abby too, who underwent 2 open heart surgeries her first year of life (who just turned 8!!). Our nieces are warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. As long as my shin splints heal~I will definitely be running for Team Ali this weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. going to donate now! it will be my 3 miles today and my 2 miles on saturday. both for Ali. Love that you support march of dimes--I was a 6 week early premie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I ran today. Blogged at http://debsdailylife.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-think-i-can.html
    Thankyou for hosting for such a wonderful cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks to all that have donated to our March of Dimes team. The response has been amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!