Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Devil in Pew Number Seven Book Review






The Devil in Pew Number Seven is a true story of a pastor, his wife, and their son and daughter and how their lives in a small town in rural North Carolina were turned upside down by a man's hatred. Bombings in the night were a constant worry for their small family each night when they went to bed. The story is told from the daughter's point of view and it's amazing to see how God protected her and her brother when they could have been killed on more than one occasion when dynamite went off outside the house or a sniper shot through her bedroom windows. Her father refused to let the devil win and he would not leave his congregation. The congregation of his tiny church stood beside him and did their best to help them through this time while the authorities attempted to compile enough evidence to bring the man everyone knew was responsible to justice. Throughout everything their family remained strong and continued to find ways to help people in their community. All that changed the day that a man armed with three guns stormed into their house. The forgiveness that this family had preached about and lived up to this point would be put to the ultimate test. Although I enjoyed reading the story itself the part of this book I enjoyed most was the end where she talked about forgiveness. There were several pieces of scripture and several quotes on forgiveness that she shared that I will carry with me.

I received this book free of charge from Tyndale Publishers in exchange for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great review. Now I got to see if I can get this book at the Library. To see what happens at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a incredibly powerful story of forgiveness. I can imagine there's some great nuggets to take away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds good! Alas I think I've surpassed my reading quota for the entire year with the Hunger Games trilogy. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read. I might just have to get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!