Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Allan's Birthday Surprises

Wednesday night started the birthday celebration for Allan (his birthday is 4/20) and we celebrated through Sunday. We went to our favorite Mexican place on Wednesday night and had dinner together since I knew we would have several surprise guests over the next few days. Dinner was delicious as always!


Thursday brought the first of Allan's birthday surprises. His brother Adam, his wife Jodi, and their daughter Ali got here late that afternoon. We ended up ordering pizza and then taking everyone out for frozen yogurt. It was Ali's first time to eat frozen yogurt and she loved it!

Yum, yum, yum

Adam took this with my iPhone and I love it!
Besides pizza and fro yo we also played in the yard with some of Ali's toys and let her see the dogs. This little girl mostly said four words while she was here: Mommy, Daddy, Allan, and doggy. She woke up making a woof woof sound. It was so precious! As cute as she is with Adam and Jodi it melts my heart to watch her with Allan.

Playing hide and seek with Allan

Once she finds him she runs away and he chases her

Watching the doggies on the deck

Checking the mail with Uncle Allan
They left after lunch on Friday and on Friday night we had guy's night (plus me) with some of our friends and we went out to dinner at Cheddar's and then hung out downtown for awhile. On Saturday night Allan's mom came up to surprise Allan and take us out to dinner for his birthday. We went to Longhorn and I had every intention of taking some pictures but we were all tired and hungry and gobbled up our steaks, salads, and sweet potatoes. She didn't head back home until last night so we were able to go to church together and spend the afternoon with her.

Is that not gorgeous?!
Last night we ran out to Publix and it had just rained and there was one of the most beautiful rainbows I've ever seen painted across the sky. Allan is pretty confident this needs to be the new background for the blog so I may be making some changes soon to the blog!

Don't forget to sign up for the Team ALI Virtual Race and make a donation to support Team ALI and March of Dimes. All the details about the race and giveaway can be found in this post! Right now the odds for winning a $50 VISA giftcard are pretty good and so far no one has expressed an interest in participating in the virtual race so we may cancel that if no one signs up this week.

When is the last time you saw a rainbow?

Are you signed up for the virtual race?

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like Allan had many birthday surprises with family and great dinners! The rainbow is beautiful. I actually took a picture of one that I spotted the other day after a terrible day of heavy rains! Happy Birthday Allan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Allan! Looks like a really fun weekend. The last rainbow I saw was a double one...probably almost a year ago I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend full of surprises! And who doesn't love froyo?! :) Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a great Birthday celebration for, Allan! Happy belated Birthday, Allan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the rainbow pic is absolutely amazing! totally gorgeous! glad that Allan had a wonderful birthday filled with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza, frozen yogurt was my Friday night and also the best thing ever. Throw in some family like you did and you have perfection. Looks like Allan had a fabulous birthday weekend - as his wife, you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful birthday weekend! We had a gorgeous rainbow here on Friday (maybe Thursday?) and took some pictures too. I think it was the first time I had seen one in months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous rainbow, and happy birthday to your hubs! We had book club at Annie and Brian's house last week, and it was fun to make a connection with how y'all all knew each other. They also ran the Statue to Statue with us this weekend. It's a tough one but fun. If you can make it out next year, you should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Alan! Looks like you had a fantastic time! :) Signed up for the virtual run. I'm sorry I missed it before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fantastic (& mildly tiring) weekend! Happy Birthday Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a more eventful weekend than me! Happy belated birthday to Allan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY for April birthdays!! Mine was the 19th...but I didn't get a long weekend of activities (whaaa!). When I lived in Madison, there was never any good Mexican places...except my very favorite burrito from Bandito Burrito, which I heard now has a place in Madison. Gosh, I start salivating just hearing that name. Haha. Glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! Seeing your man with a kiddo like that is heart warming isn't it?
    Mmm. I want froyo now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that rainbow picture is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how eventful last week was - I wish I had been there! I thought I was going to be on Maui during that time otherwise I totally would have been there:)

    Also, I didn't catch your March For Babies / Virtual Race post, so I'm heading there now. Please don't cancel it -- it means so much to me, I would love to be part of it...once I read the post and know the details LOL! Shame on me -- I've been so bad at keeping up on the blogosphere!

    PS: I MAY have seen a rainbow here, but I'm hoping I would have remembered that better, so we'll go ahead and say the last rainbow I saw was on December 15th, 2011 -- my last day on Maui:(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Allen!! I love when birthday celebrations last at least a week. that's what I try to do anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday allan! sounds like you all had a great weekend and the pics of ali and allan are adorable, she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You weren't kidding when you said you were busy!! Happy Belated Birthday to A!!
    I love the photo of the 2 of you! You guys are so adorable. :)
    And that rainbow? Gorgeous! I haven't seen one in ages.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the pics, especially the one of the 2 of you. Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE birthday WEEKS!! Especially with suprises with family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree, the picture totally needs to be your background. Also I forgot to add an important detail to my 25K report. I was living on cow tails. Haha They're amazing, a perfect race food for me. Glad I won the giveaway so they were at my disposal. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that pic and is it wrong that I am attracted to Allan?? he's hot. don't tell Colin ;) and HAPPY BELATED!

    I haven't donated or done my Ali run yet, but I have the button on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday to Allan!!! Sounds like a great series of celebrations :) And I love catching rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So fun! I love birthday surprises! That rainbow is amazing, too! I think the last time I saw one was last summer in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday Allan!!

    Lots of wonderful surprises for his birthday! I love the photos of Allan and Ali, especially the checking the mail one, very cute :) I'm glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww sounds like the perfect birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!