- It was at the beach so it wasn't freezing like several of my other races have been
- I finally got to meet Jill who organized the 12 in 2012 group
- No hills at all!!!!
|Allan and I before the race|
|Jill and I at McGuire's|
- Post-race food: beer, water, bananas, red beans & rice (thank goodness for the bananas!)
- The smell running through the neighborhoods for the first few miles was disgusting and one I can't quite describe but won't soon forget
- Running 7 miles into the sun and wind was brutal
- No shade at all (I'm just not used to this but I know I should have expected it)
- My time was 2:46:56 (I'm calling it ugly just because it was so much slower than Oak Barrel and I walked A LOT)
|The guys playing around at McGuire's|
|Rocko and Blackjack in the yard|
|The beautiful water that ate Allan's expensive sunglasses when he dove in after the football|
|The water was COLD!|
|Everybody needs a little sun!|
Are you a fan of racing at the beach or would you prefer to just vacation there?