Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Suz's 12 in 2012

In case you hadn't noticed the little button on the right side of the blog or heard me mention it in previous posts I am running 12 half marathons in 2012. I am lucky enough to be joined by 11 other ladies who you can learn more about here. I cannot say enough good things about the lovely Jill whose wonderful idea this was. She has been a pleasure to get to know better and always serves as an inspiration to me!



January              Auburn Half Marathon (1/21)
February            Mercedes Half Marathon (2/12)
March               Tom King Classic Half Marathon (3/10), Publix Georgia Half Marathon (3/18)
April                 Oak Barrel Half Marathon (4/7), Gulf Coast Half Marathon-Pensacola (4/15), Music City                           Half Marathon (4/28)
May                  Viola Valley Half Marathon (5/19)
September         Nashville Women's Half Marathon (9/23)
October             Montgomery Half Marathon (9/29) or (10/6)
November          Huntsville Half Marathon (11/10), Ruben Studdard Half Marathon (11/17)


Obviously the most challenging part of the year is going to be the weeks of 3/10-3/18 and 4/7-4/15 during which I will be running two half marathons. I plan to enjoy the first one in March and run a leisurely pace with a good mix of walking so I can hopefully save a lot for the next weekend in Atlanta. I will probably do the same in April unless I run two bad races in March and then I may rethink things. I'm not obsessed with setting a new PR anytime soon after blowing my last one out of the water by nearly 8 minutes. Enjoying my races and having fun while I run are my two top goals and if a great time happens as a result then I will be uber-thrilled!

***If you have a moment say a little prayer for us. A couple of tornadoes came through this morning and one touched down really close to our house. We are safe for now but they are saying the storms that haven't hit yet are supposed to be worse than what came through this morning.

28 comments:

  1. Great looking schedule! Saying a prayer right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just enjoying the races sounds like a great idea to me! Sending good/safe thoughts your way - hope the tornados stay away! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a tough and exciting goal! I look forward to watching your journey. I wish I had the mulah to drop for a race every month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome commitment! It's definitely motivating to have races/ goals lined up and you can knock them down one at a time... Congrats and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be safe!!!
    Awesome doing the 12 in 2012, are you traveling a lot for them? I wish there were more closer to me..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's SO that you are doing 12 in 2012 in a group of 12 ladies!! Excited to hear all about the races! You'll definitely be fine with your back to back ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So scary! I will say a prayer and be thinking of you. What a fun schedule! Honestly I think the more you do the distance the easier it gets. When I started out I had someone try to get me to run a half marathon the week after a full and I thought it was INSANE. Now I'm doing it this month and it doesn't even seem like a big deal. I bet March will be a bit tough but April will be easier and by the time you get to the one on 11/17 it will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck in 2012!

    Oh my I hope you guys are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. same here in Kentucky--really strange weather for March...I'm impressed with your schedule....I have always wanted to do a half-marathon...it is still on my bucket list...so there is hope

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your March and April are going to be BUSY! I can't believe you have all the races scheduled already. I haven't gotten past March yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes! Stay safe... thinking about you and sending good vibes your way that you are kept from harm's way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Schedule!! You can do it!! My first half is one of yours, the Country Music Marathon in April! I am excited and scared all in one!

    Coming from Jill's Friday Blog Hop!

    www.lgifit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So exciting - I would love to do something like that one year. Glad you are alright with all the storms today - tornado watch here now and some crazy storms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! I wish I could commit to that - you are going to rock it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about the tornadoes in your area yesterday. Hopefully you guys made it safely through the night. We got lucky this time with no major damage in the B'ham area, but they let schools out early just in case it got rough.

    Good luck with all of the half marathons! I think we are running some of the same ones. Oak Barrel and maybe Ruben. I'm nervous about the hills at Oak Barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I envy this goal. Having such an unpredictable schedule and being far from family makes it really hard to plan that far ahead. I cant wait to read all the great recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope youre ok!! This weather is so unpredictable!!
    And you are such an inspiration!!
    Cant wait to read about your races!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought about you with those crazy tornados...glad you are okay and hope you continue to be so through the busy tornado season this spring. We lived in H'ville when the deadly one hit in '89 (????) - so incredibly scary!

    Very excited about your 12 halves :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. The storms were VERY scary! We had lots around my area as well, I began to worry when even the banks closed early so employees could get home safely! Love the 12 in '12 might have to think about 13 in '13 next year myself?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for all of your kind words :)

    My first back to back racing is this month. Yikes! I love your not necessarily a PR way of thinking. Running so many races in one year is a totally different mindset.

    Thanks again Suz :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope the tornadoes passed you by without any damage. So scary.

    Good luck with your training. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are ok.
    Good luck with your training! It's a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you guys are OK... I know AL got hit pretty hard buy those storms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so amazing! You are inspiring! And you are going to rock those runs! :) Can't wait to hear about 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Also running the 12 in 12 and your schedule looks great, crazy, but great! Half the battle is finding races that fit into my schedule! Good luck and I look forward to watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your schedule looks great! i've been looking at a couple of those races, i hope we can meet up for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome race schedule! The Oak Barrel half is hilly, but I loved running it two years ago. It was really well organized and the volunteers were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am imagining you live pretty close to my parents - they live in Harvest. My mom said they got bad damage on both sides of them with some roof and fence damage at their house. That area could really use a break!

    I didn't realize you were running Oak Barrel - I am too! Maybe I will see you there!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!