- I ran my second fastest half with a time of 2:34:25 (13 secs faster than the weekend before)
- Crowd support along the course was amazing
- Running through downtown and the neighborhoods close by was beautiful
- Hanging out with Elizabeth at the expo and chatting with her was so much fun
- Picking up Jenny at the airport and getting fro yo and having amazing conversation made me feel as though we had been friends for years
- Going to dinner with Vanessa and Tim at Tacomac and discovering the amazing coke machine led to unbridled excitement from Vanessa and I over our drink selection. I'm not sure who had more fun talking with them: Allan or I!
|Jenny, me, Elizabeth|
|Vanessa and I|
|Tim and Allan|
- Post-race food in a reusable lunchbox-I like being able to chose what I want to eat and drink after the race and besides the chocolate milk I didn't eat or drink anything else
- Post-race activities could have been better. We waited for Jenny and her friend to finish the full and aside from getting a massage and sitting around listening to the band there was nothing else to do. Granted I know that's more than you get at some races but I think I just expected more.
- Inexperienced or inconsiderate race participants who cut me off, nearly spit on me, or refused to move aside when walking made me want to hit someone.
|Pre-race at the start|
|Inside my little corral|
- The heat! It was hot and by mile 2 I was sweating and I can normally run miles before I start to sweat.
- Chaos at one of the water stops where EVERYONE thought they had to get a drink from the first table
|Post-race in Centennial Park|
|Jenny and I after she finished the full!|
|Allan and I-at this point I was still very attached the cold towel that stayed around my neck until I showered|
I also double dipped on this one and ran this for Detroit Runner's 2nd Annual "I Just Felt Like Running" Virtual Worldwide Race which was really fitting because I ran this race to have fun and enjoy the experience of a big race. Thanks to Detroit Runner for hosting!
I've got nothing as far as questions but I do want to say that I sincerely appreciate each and every comment you all leave! I'm diligently plowing through my google reader so hopefully by Monday I'll be caught on on all of your latest adventures, races, and life happenings!