Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Out and About in Atlanta

Looking back through my pictures it seems like I was in Atlanta for days rather than 48 hours. We made the most of every minute in the city taking in the sights in downtown Atlanta, without being too touristy of course! Once Allan landed on Friday night first stop was The Vortex Bar & Grill.


Allan awaiting his Carnivorgasm AKA ginormous burger
After 11 hours of sleep on Friday night we were ready to conquer the town! We barely made it downstairs in time for breakfast at the hotel and afterwards we showered and headed down the street to The Westin to eat lunch at The Sun Dial Restaurant where we enjoyed a bird's eye view of Atlanta for an hour. The restaurant rotates which at first made me nervous but after awhile I got used to it and enjoyed looking for familiar landmarks.

It was hard to focus on food when there was so much to look at

Centennial Park
Little did we know that when we started eating lunch the St. Patrick's Day parade commenced on the streets below us. After lunch we stepped outside the hotel and watched the last hour of the parade. I've never seen so many odd costumes in my life. This was my first parade to see in person and I was blown away. The dancing was entertaining but the outfits were terrible!

Aston Martin cop car-pretty sure we were the only two people who knew this is a $200,000 car

These were the worst outfits in my opinion
I'll save the rest of our adventures for tomorrow's post where I'll recap hanging out with Elizabeth, Jenny, Vanessa, and Vanessa's husband. On Friday I'll recap the race itself.

Have you been to a parade or a restaurant above a city?

14 comments:

  1. How fun!! It seems ATL always has something fun going on - Matt and I had a blast while we were there:)

    When we were in Vegas, we ate at the Eiffel Tower restaurant which has a birds eye view of the strip, and my favorite -- the Bellagio fountains:)

    The Space Needle here in Seattle has a rotating restaurant, too, but I have yet to take my man there! It's really beautiful, so we'll definitely go there when you visit;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vortex is so yummy!

    You are right about those outfits. Not a flattering jumpsuit for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to go to Atlanta. Mainly because I'm a huge Gone with the Wind fan.

    My favorite parades are gay pride parades. In Baltimore, they always have it on my birthday weekend, and it's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wheels on that car are worth more than my (entire) car! But it's nice that the civil servants of Georgia can ride in style.

    Those outfits are horrible! I have been to a lot of parades, and usually they put the girls in something attractive, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awesome!! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! We watched some of the parade too and you're right, the outfits were pretty bad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing views from that restaurant! But where is that photo of the giant burger? I thought for sure that would make it on the blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh vortex. yum! tried to go to the sundial sunday after the race but they weren’t open yet :) can’t wait to read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some day I will visit Atlanta!! I hear they have fabulous hiking trails with amazing views.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great time! I've been to restaurants like that in NYC and Chicago - in NYC, the restaurant turns also :) Can't wait for your recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun! I've been to Atlanta twice now, my brother went to Georgia Tech and now lives there. I want to go back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I need to be the police officer that gets to drive that around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!