Suz's love for COWS + Allan's work with LASERS = one unique blog name! Welcome to our blog filled with race recaps, pictures of our labs, and everything else we share with blogland!

Friday, March 9, 2012

My Number One Fan

With two half marathons on schedule in the next 10 days I can't help but think about the support Allan provides me. He is undoubtedly my number one fan (my Daddy is a close #2!) and at times I truly believe he would follow me anywhere if I told him that's where I wanted to run a race. To show my appreciation for all he does for me on race day today's post is dedicated to him!

He loves me enough to even wear a pink headband!

Whether it's a 5K we run together or a race I run alone Allan drives me to all my races knowing that I need the time in the car to unwind, talk his ear off, and get my nerves settled.  Before the race he walks around with me, finds the shortest line for a bathroom, holds my stuff, and makes me stretch.

He even takes pictures of the scenery so I can have pictures for blog posts
During the race he keeps himself entertained or if he's sleepy he takes a nap in the car and sets his alarm in time to wake up and meet me at the finish line. He always gets to the finish line early and meets me as soon as I cross. Often I hear him cheering for me as I near the finish and it makes me run faster.

He always does a great job of trying to get a picture of me crossing the line
Even better than the support he gives in the races I run alone is the support he gives me when we run 5K's together. Allan is much faster than me (his 5K PR is 23:30) but he often stays back and runs with me reminding me to breathe, lengthen my stride, and keep my shoulders back. In a 5K we ran this past December he held my hand during the race and I thought I might cry! How sweet is that?!

This was less than 10 hours after he got off a plane from a work trip and it was in the 30's
Tomorrow when I cross the finish line of my half marathon inside the Tennessee Titans stadium on the 50-yard line the only face I want to see is his. I love you Punkin and I appreciate everything you do for me!

31 comments:

  1. Love this! You are lucky to have found each other! It's the small things that make it worth it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this! Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a keeper! :) Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post to a wonderful husband.. My husband will come to races if I ask, often times I go with my girlfriends, but he'll come to half's and be at the finish line. Looks like we found good ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun tomorrow! It's so wonderful that your husband is so supportive! It really makes life so much easier, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How aweseome to have the kind of support along the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww. That's awesome! What would we do without our support system?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a good husband! They can be the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for an awesome support! It's so nice to have someone you love cheering you on in your goals. Good luck with your next two races!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very sweet and what a great support! Lucky girl! Good luck in your races!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for supportive husbands! It's so nice to have someone cheering for you at the finish line! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, what a good reminder to stop and thank my husband, too! It makes such a difference to have their support. Enjoy the race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have definitely got a good one! GOOD LUCK tomorrow, you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was SO sweet. You are blessed to have such a great support system. All the best with your race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww!!!! You are so blessed to have such amazing support from your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet post. You definitely caught a "good catch" there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post and so happy for you to have a supportive wonderful husband. Aren't you a clever girl for picking him?

    Enjoy your race.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck tomorrow! You are going to do great!
    I will be sending positive vibes your way while I am running!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this post! What would we do without them?? I know I never want to find out...

    Good luck tomorrow! I hope you have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the previous comment says, what would we do without them. My husband is my number one fan and did I mention that he cooks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooops hit publish too quickly. Good luck with your half. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are very lucky to have such a great fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww very cute post! You are a great guy Allan!

    I hope you rocked your race, sounds like fun to finish on a football field!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how sweet! You are so very lucky to have a great supporter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so awesome, I love how much you adore and value him. Very special indeed :).

    Hope your half went great!! Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, what a wonderfully loving, thoughtful, selfless and loyal husband, you are truly blessed :) Hope your race went well this weekend and that your next one goes just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet post and an awesome husband you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post, it is wonderful to have that kind of support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet :) So glad to hear he is so supportive, you are lucky to have him! Although I am sure you are just as supportive of him and he's lucky to have you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! We love to hear from you guys!